Sign in to follow this  
trytrytry

Best helicopter school in Canada right now ?

12 hours ago, DAW said:

Quite a bit more expensive on the capital side but much cheaper to operate. No calendar life items except the fuel bladder I think. And overhaul only the main and tail rotor gearbox at 2200 hrs is my understanding.

I guess I meant more from the student perspective. Should be same or just a bit more than 22, and cheaper than 44 by a good margin. Def more expensive to purchase, but of no concern to a student.

fuel bladder 15 yrs

basically mgb and trgb and engine still at 2200

In my opinion, besides getting the licence, you will need to get a job.   Simply, you will more than likely land a first job flying a Robinson product, if you want to make it a lot easier on yourself then train on a R22.  That Cabri is a total odd ball unicorn helicopter  that relates to nothing you will get a job on, so don’t get “sold” on that. An R22 is probably the most common trainer ever built, , so opinions aside, it is what has trained most of us, and successfully.  

It Autos fine and is a good little machine to fly.  As far as autos go, If you train in Alberta at 3500 feet or more, an auto is far more challenging.  A peace of piss to do an auto at sea level compared to Calgary for example.  Go from Calgary and do an auto on the coast and it’s like slow motion. This is a big deal as more than likely you will be working at higher altitudes most of your career. By training at an higher altitude,  you will be far more prepared to work a helicopter with weight in it and degraded performance due to thinner air, and this could save your life one day.  

Go see Mountain View Flight School in, they will set you up.  You will be trained by people who are not only instructors, but also people that actually  work in the real world of helicopters in the summer.  You will graduate being able to nail a full on auto in a R22 at 4000 feet.  When you go to get your first job, probaly in an R44 you will feel right at home doing your first flight test. 

Hard indusrty try to crack, you might as well do it the easiest way....Like training in a R22 vs that unicorn Cabri.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2018 at 11:56 PM, Twin Helix said:

I think Heli-college Canada training the best option. I seen the reviews of that college in google, it has so many good comments. Better you can go with that and also visit my website.

Python Training in Bangalore