Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Suggestions for winter flying clothes

5-per

See if you can find silk liner gloves.... your hands will never be cold again.

I usually fly with Nomex gloves, and they are good enough in the cockpit with the door closed, but soon as I venture outside I have to put on a mitt of some kind. I still haven't found the erfect one, but I'm looking...

North Face Thermobal Gore-Tex Jacket... A down jacket thats been condensed in a regular one which removed the bulk but keeps the warmth. Extremely impressed with the jacket over 3 winters from -5 to -45! Still layer underneath with thermal layers.

Merrel Optiwarm 400g insulated winter hiking/camping boots that are almost like a snowboard boot but aren't as clumsy. No cold feet at all with warm socks when it gets below -30.

Both are pricey but totally worth it....