Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The job field

10 hours ago, 2007 said:

As for remuneration, a little over 600k last year - which is on the high side - but a 6 digit salary is certainly not uncommon of for quality person.

What, I've broken through 500,000k several times in the last few years, do I detect a little jealousy?

51 minutes ago, gwk said:

What, I've broken through 500,000k several times in the last few years, do I detect a little jealousy? 

Too much single malt, this should have been separated from 2007's quote.

Multiple's of six figures are been pretty common here, maybe your working the wrong street corner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, pilot83 said:

Hahahahaha now the bullsh*t is starting to go around there’s one clown saying he made $600k last year and then a joker from the states chiming in now too.  DAWS I said it before don’t quit your day  job pinching pennies and doing inventory counts. 

Ha, you're just jealous 'cause we don't have to scrub toilets to fly down here!

If it makes you feel any better the last job I interviewed for (giving rides around L.A. in a 44) paid nothing for the first 3 months, then about $300/mo. thereafter.  So we also treat pilots like what you guys scrub out of those toilets up there. 💩

what I always get from these posts, and its what keeps drawing me in to read the comments, is that there seems to be more protectionism of the available jobs more than anything.

anyone new, sniffing around for tips, tricks and whatever to get their foot in the door or whatever, is always met with a go away attitude. 

Dont be afraid guys, if youre good at what you do, they wont take your job away from you.

7 hours ago, GrayHorizons said:

what I always get from these posts, and its what keeps drawing me in to read the comments, is that there seems to be more protectionism of the available jobs more than anything.

anyone new, sniffing around for tips, tricks and whatever to get their foot in the door or whatever, is always met with a go away attitude. 

Dont be afraid guys, if youre good at what you do, they wont take your job away from you.

That I can completely understand. 

I am also interested in why people say fixed wing pilots are more 'professional'? Is it more likely you would have more consistent hours, like a 9-5 rota? 

To me, helicopters have a higher skill cap and I would have thought would be paid better than fixed wing and face a little less competition from other pilots vying for the same position because of the training cost barrier etc 

• Haha 1