What has happened?

Iceman

6 hours ago, Iceman said:

I used to love this site. Seems its been taken over by low/no timers who think they have the answer to everything. Keep flying the internet boys lmao. Bunch of punks, you don’t deserve a job in this industry.

Unfortunately Icewind there have been Internet Tough Guys like Simpleton since the inception of this site, does anyone remember Sudden Stop. I think some companies threatened to sue him and his company threatened to fire him over his posts on Vertical. Pity, a lot of people just move on and couldn’t be bothered to post. I find it embarrassing actually that people outside the industry could come on here and see adolescent behaviour of some aircrew can be. I can only imagine what they think.  🤔 

• Like 1

We keep hearing about the impending shortage of experienced pilots...if that’s true, then I would say an increase in low time pilots posting would simply be indicative of current industry demographics, wouldn’t it?

Having less than a 1000 hours doesn’t mean you don’t have something valuable to add to a discussion....As important as experience is, it’s not everything.

In SOME cases, the old guard can impede progress, as they may have nothing new to bring to the discussion and are often not open to hearing new ideas or new ways of thinking. I prefer a good mix of individuals in a discussion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bif said:

Keep those quality posts a-comin', Ice!

🙄

Sorry Ice, there's so many pointless arguments on here these days I can't keep up. I typically agree with what you bring to the table, so I didn't mean to dump on you specifically. I just get tired of the needlessly inflammatory posts all over the site. Unfortunately, the overall professionalism on display on this site has been in decline for quite some time...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Freewheel said:

We keep hearing about the impending shortage of experienced pilots...if that’s true, then I would say an increase in low time pilots posting would simply be indicative of current industry demographics, wouldn’t it?

Having less than a 1000 hours doesn’t mean you don’t have something valuable to add to a discussion....As important as experience is, it’s not everything.

In SOME cases, the old guard can impede progress, as they may have nothing new to bring to the discussion and are often not open to hearing new ideas or new ways of thinking. I prefer a good mix of individuals in a discussion. 

I agree that everyone should have right to their opinion regardless of experience, but I think we can do without some the smart *** comments. It seems some just come on here to troll, personally I think it’s destroying the site...