Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

New Fatigue Regulations

Cosmo

It's been years in the making, consultations with industry, comparison to other major regulatory bodies and still won't take effect for at least 2 years.

It's not scary, it's not confusing, it's not overly restrictive.  You just have to play by their rules.  

FRMS is your way around the regs.  Fatigue is a hazard and they are addressing it.  You asked for it and they have delivered.

• Like 1

This is going to work great for heli pilots in a camp, tent, or regular shytehole we live in, mostly. This is really for the overworked, spoiled, but union fixed wing WestJet style pilots saying yes to served meals in the COCKPIT.  If there overworked? WTF are we doing? Anyway, u got 4 years to figure it out. And 12 hours bottle to throttle? Lol. 

6 hours ago, Heliian said:

It's been years in the making, consultations with industry, comparison to other major regulatory bodies and still won't take effect for at least 2 years.

It's not scary, it's not confusing, it's not overly restrictive.  You just have to play by their rules.  

FRMS is your way around the regs.  Fatigue is a hazard and they are addressing it.  You asked for it and they have delivered.

Who is "you". The losers in the airline unions? I see you're selling this same crap on AvCanada as well that this is the best thing ever.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, simpleton said:

Who is "you". The losers in the airline unions? I see you're selling this same crap on AvCanada as well that this is the best thing ever.

I know not everybody is on board, many people lobbied for it and have been for years.  

13 hours ago, robottxt said:

This will be abused.  

That is my point,  these are teethless regs so calm down simpleton.

All this fatigue management loophole did was create another test to add to the collection we have to do at yearly recurrent. Do the test,company goes back to normal operations with the WE didn’t tell you to do that card in thier back pocket when the #### goes sideways.

• Like 2

The one thing I strongly object to is the new 12 hours alcohol free reg. If truly followed this makes a beer or glass of wine prohibited with dinner. This is simply mean spirited. 10 hours bottle to throttle would have been a safety upgrade without making it almost impossible to legally have one drink with dinner. No one wants to fly hung over, however a beer after a long day at work is one of life’s little pleasures. I agree 8 hours bottle to throttle has been abused by some  but 10 hours is safe and reasonable. I’ve worked for some companies with a 10 hour SOP in Ops Manual and this doesn’t make you illegal to have a beer with dinner. TC you are like the Grinch, and this rule will be broken by many I predict.

• Like 2