Sign in to follow this  
Venus

Hydro Contract

Have heard BC Hydro has extended its existing contract with approved helicopter providers through 2020. Too bad for anyone on the outside trying to get on the list.

4 hours ago, Venus said:

Have heard BC Hydro has extended its existing contract with approved helicopter providers through 2020. Too bad for anyone on the outside trying to get on the list.

......And good news for operators already on the list & obviously doing a good job!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RonnyRotor said:

How can you get a copy of the list ??

There are usually two types of contracts, Fixed Contracts for a certain period on a sole use basis, or Standing Offer Contract on an as and when required basis. Normally both are for a period of years with provision for extensions as stated in the original document. How BC Hydro does their contracting is up to them and they have recently gone thru a shake up in their operations and became extremely safety aware and require Pilots with prior power line experience in the mountains.

I would suggest you give them a call and get it from the Chief Pilot.

Don

I’m betting he dealt with more lowtimers than most flight instructors. I totally understand the grumpy exterior. I wish I would have understood that better at the time. Sad news for a fixture in the industry. 

17 hours ago, R0T0R said:

I’m betting he dealt with more lowtimers than most flight instructors. I totally understand the grumpy exterior. I wish I would have understood that better at the time. Sad news for a fixture in the industry. 

?

This was meant for the Lance Cooper thread. This is what happens when you post while juggling kids...😂

On 12/28/2018 at 12:39 PM, Heliduck said:

......And good news for operators already on the list & obviously doing a good job!

Unfortunately no provision for increase in the rate.