Lance Cooper

Lance was a helluva a character and a type of God to us lowly 100hr tour pilots in Canmore. About as ornery as they come, but under that prickly layer you'd sometimes catch a glimpse of the kind heart inside. He'll be missed for sure. 

I only met the guy once and he was showing me his ornery side...I was on the road looking for a job. I had almost 3000 hrs at that time but I was not able to impress him in the least. This was back before they joined up with that bigger outfit from BC. I am sure we know who I mean. I believe he had a brother that was working with him at that time. Sorry it didn't work out . Water under the frig.

I met Lance and brother numerous times when doing Audits for Parks Canada, related to search and rescue and checking out Pilots. I don't remember his brother's name, but Lance was an A-1 guy who did'nt beleive in BS. Him and his brother took over the operation from somebody else who was having a rough time.

Dave White (Pilot) also lived in Canmore, I worked with him in Sudan.

RIP Lance and condolences to family and friends in Canmore.

Don McDougall