Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

S-92a Precautionary Landing In Norway

Well, so it is no longer a virgin...

A S-92A Helicopter from Norsk Helicopter had a Main transmission low oil pressure in norway, and made a precautionary landing at a rig today.

http://web3.aftenbladet.no/innenriks/article188495.ece

For all you who don't read that language, they made a precautionary landing after the light came on, mayday call was made.

19 pax onboard.

tha article also states the machine will be looked at by technichians before it is ferried back to the mainland (go figger!)

Well, so it is no longer a virgin...

A S-92A Helicopter from Norsk Helicopter had a Main transmission low oil pressure in norway, and made a precautionary landing at a rig today.

http://web3.aftenbladet.no/innenriks/article188495.ece

For all you who don't read that language, they made a precautionary landing after the light came on, mayday call was made.

19 pax onboard.

tha article also states the machine will be looked at by technichians before it is ferried back to the mainland (go figger!)

I thought a great philospher once said "Never buy an 'A' model of anything" :D

The On-line Norgy-Eng tranlator mangled this bit of smooth prose:

The whirlybird at breed THE ACCUMULATIONS -92A, stayed at autobahn at Flesland airport against Mountains at Veslefrikk - cell in Nordsjøen , as a varsellampe displayed that it was low oljetrykk in hovedgirboksen. The whirlybird following nødprosedyren and dispatched by routine edged a Mayday signal , but mastered to carry out a checked touchdown at perron bell 12.50. That is not clearly whatever am the cause at event. The whirlybird , as belongs Norwegian Helikopterservice , shall become analyzed technical a prior facts am flying at land afresh , disclose Statoil as am the operator at Veslefrikk.

From the norwegian paper:

Helikopteret av typen S-92A, var på vei fra Flesland lufthavn ved Bergen til Veslefrikk-feltet i Nordsjøen, da en varsellampe viste at det var lavt oljetrykk i hovedgirboksen.

Helikopteret fulgte nødprosedyren og sendte rutinemessig ut et Mayday-signal, men klarte å foreta en kontrollert landing på plattformen klokken 12.50.

Det er ikke klart hva som er årsaken til hendelsen. Helikopteret, som tilhører Norsk Helikopterservice, vil bli undersøkt teknisk før det flyr til land igjen, opplyser Statoil som er operatør på Veslefrikk.

Translated:

The helicopter of the type S-92A, was on its way from Flesland (Bergen International Airport) to the oil rig "Veslefrikk", when the warning light for low oil pressure in themain gearbox came on.

The helicopter complied with normal emergency procedures and sent a ruotine MAYDAY, but made a controlled precautionary landing at the rig, at 12:50.

The reason for the occurence is unknown. The helicopter, belonging to Norsk Helicopter, will be examined mechanically before flying back to shore, says Statoil, the operator of the oil rig "Veslefrikk"

Well, that was better than the other translation, if I must say so myself! :D

Mangled??

That was not mangled, it was raped!

I'll print the article and translate it for yous! :up:

Geez Winnie - I could have saved you the trouble! :unsure:B)

click here for Rigzone article

Helicopter Makes Controlled Emergency Landing on Veslefrikk

Statoil 3/31/2005

URL: http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=21459

A helicopter had to make a controlled emergency landing on the Veslefrikk B platform in the North Sea on March 31st. None of the 19 people on board were injured.

The S-92A helicopter was en route from Bergen's Flesland airport to the Statoil-operated Veslefrikk field when an alarm indicated low oil pressure in the main gear box.

As procedures dictate, a Mayday signal was sent out, but the helicopter was able to land normally at 12:50.

The reason for the incident is not clear. The helicopter, which belongs to the Norsk Helikopter company, will be inspected by technical personnel before it returns to land.

Veslefrikk B is a semi-submersible platform with a process facility and living quarters. It is connected by a gangway to the Veslefrikk A wellhead platform.