Bell 206 N2 governor - static droop?

Autojohn

12 hours ago, Autojohn said:

Roger that, I'm just curious about the control theory aspects and how it was all achieved (with steam essentially)

It is maintained in a graceful ballet of tiny spinning bits that move small needles against fluffy bellows whilst the air of a thousand flutes blows against it.  It's partner, the FCU, is the only one that can understand and tame this wild beast.  The work of those 2 units is only there to support the real hero, the brawny farmhand, the always a bridesmaid and never a bride, hp fuel pump, so that it can deliver the stream of life when it is so required.

Px, Py, Pb

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

• 9 months later...

also, N2 gauges suck on a jet box.  confirm your rpm with a vibrex sometime and then set your rpm's knowing what the true RPM is. Every 206 I saw was 1% low.  the OAT guage is never right either and yet they want the anti ice on at a precise reading?? and do your power checks off of the reading even

On 10/27/2019 at 11:35 AM, lamanated said:

also, N2 gauges suck on a jet box.  confirm your rpm with a vibrex sometime and then set your rpm's knowing what the true RPM is. Every 206 I saw was 1% low.  the OAT guage is never right either and yet they want the anti ice on at a precise reading?? and do your power checks off of the reading even

We checked one after an over speed, was 1% high, saved a massive amount of trouble.

• Like 1