Sign in to follow this  
ktmnomad

B3e tail rotor spider assembly

Hey guys,

I'm working in a 3rd world country and wanted opinions on the tail spider assembly.  

When I shut down the last days, I heard a clunking near the tail. After the blades stopped I saw that the spider housing or pitch link support tube has a fair amount of play. Obviously very technical terms here ha ha, can you tell I'm the pilot... 😂

Anyway let me know what you guys might think of this. The noise you hear in the video is the same I hear after shutdown with blades spinning. Dunk dunk dunk dunk kinda deal. 

Thanks. 

you need to change the split bush slider bushings in a bad bad way. 

350A33-2122-21 

might as well change the scraper seals too AUAS40-50-5-8

keep flying like that and you're through the chrome on the tail rotor output shaft and it'll have to be replaced too.... mucho more dollars for that.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that. Yeah I sent it to a few buddies and they said the same thing basically.

Mechanic here said it can go another 50 to 70 hrs with no problems... 😑

I flew it back to base today and said its getting changed and wrote it up in the book. Glad you confirmed my initial hesitation (conflicting answers) but then realistation that it definitely should be changed.

95% of my flying is slinging 6 to 7hrs a day with max loads at high altitude. Not something that should be left as is. 

Thanks. 

let us know if the TRGB gets sent out for overhaul too. I suspect it likely will require it for wear on the shaft. 

If I was you, I'd wander over and look at it yourself when the spider gets removed....I bet you're mechanic wont want you to see what he said would be fine for another 50-70hrs.

The heli is still under warranty, there really is no reason why they shouldn't change everything that is needed so we see what happens. 

Yes! Im interested to see how it looks so I'll do that. I felt ”roughness” in the spider bearing at 2 different points while applying weight with my hand and turning the tail slowly. 

Thanks

On 2/11/2019 at 2:47 PM, ktmnomad said:

Hey guys,

I'm working in a 3rd world country and wanted opinions on the tail spider assembly.  

When I shut down the last days, I heard a clunking near the tail. After the blades stopped I saw that the spider housing or pitch link support tube has a fair amount of play. Obviously very technical terms here ha ha, can you tell I'm the pilot... 😂

Anyway let me know what you guys might think of this. The noise you hear in the video is the same I hear after shutdown with blades spinning. Dunk dunk dunk dunk kinda deal. 

Thanks. 

Yellow Helicopters by chance....