Sign in to follow this  
Toughtimes

Hard to find guys

Don't piss Amphibious off too much freck! I don't want him to stop his cook book titled How to Cook  A Gourmet Meal While Shopping in a 1982 Poland Grocery Store - The Rainbow Lake Edition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, shakey said:

Don't piss Amphibious off too much freck! I don't want him to stop his cook book titled How to Cook  A Gourmet Meal While Shopping in a 1982 Poland Grocery Store - The Rainbow Lake Edition.

Hahahahaahahah 

5 hours ago, shakey said:

You’ll buy it, you know you will.

Chapter 7 will be Shakey Hare.  Fresh from the fence line, in a bacon cream sauce.    Tomorrow’s dinner BTW ;) 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 5:08 PM, DGP said:

Well I will make this short and not so sweet. I did the good old days summer in the bush tours. Followed by the winters in the bush!  I spent more time in the bush then at home...but that was the way  it was..Seems like times may be a changing...for me anyways. If the cash and tours aint good ...I am sitting at home. All the best guys.

Hopefully they are- it's long overdue.

Does anyone know why we are recognized like  REDSEAL trades are?

It just doesn't seem right that we are not respected like other trades are. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WHODAT said:

Does anyone know why we are recognized like  REDSEAL trades are?

It just doesn't seem right that we are not respected like other trades are. 

Where a salty bunch of pirates??  who can't agree on anything. 

• Haha 1

We should all be agreeing to a change in our compensation and schedule packages in 2019.

We DO and say YES, more than we RESIST and say NO.

Does anyone know of a company that implements duty days or hours of work for AMEs 

Haha, WHODAT

resist and and say no.... want to know why that don’t work, cause every time you stand up and try to make things better, your fellow employee runs to management and offers to do anything and everything he/she wants..sometimes it’s unbelievable 

guess who management chooses,,,,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/27/2019 at 10:55 AM, freck said:

How many guys out there are just fed up with being away from home and have found the luster of flying isn't quite what the brochure said it would be? I'm taking this season off myself. Maybe I'll get the itch again but after 15 years of flying it's no longer a privilege to fly your machine. I know the usuals will pipe up and say the usual but to each his own.

I'm in the exact same boat. After 15 yrs I'm fed up as well, taking some time off and back to school.

• Like 1

Doesn’t surprise me there are now shortages.  Many have left through attrition as well as changed careers midstream.

I have been an AME in this industry for 39 years now, having been employed in commercial, corporate, as well as government. I’m semi retired now, and enjoyed it for the most part, due to the passion we all have for this industry.

It’s sad to see the commercial helicopter industry hasn’t changed much and won’t change, until we as professionals refuse to work under these same conditions that have been around since the 80’s. Companies continue to under bid each other and try to make it throughout the year, partially on the backs of its professional pilots and engineers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1