Hypothetically speaking... hours worked

Here it comes again. Next some pilot will say”we need to band together and start a union. Put our foot down”

good luck with that. Go dig ditches for a week. Then think again. Lol

11 hours ago, old said:

Here it comes again. Next some pilot will say”we need to band together and start a union. Put our foot down”

ya I guess we should all be thankful that we don’t have to dig ditches. I guess us scum bag pilots couldn’t do anything else but dig ditches. Lol. 

12 hours ago, old said:

How's your banding together to get a duty day and schedule coming?

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, bigD said:

ya I guess we should all be thankful that we don’t have to dig ditches. I guess us scum bag pilots couldn’t do anything else but dig ditches. Lol. 

You can fly you just won’t make as much

55 minutes ago, old said:

You can fly you just won’t make as much

Why so hard on yourself? I never called you that. Get a positive attitude it may get you a better rotation. 

2 hours ago, old said:

Why so hard on yourself? I never called you that. Get a positive attitude it may get you a better rotation. 

Sorry Old, I mistook your previous posts as negative and derogatory towards pilots.

I do have an excellent rotation and I am compensated very well.

In the past I have worked for companies all using the hour averaging program. I know what some of these guys are going through. Every company I have worked for has a different way of recording hours worked. If I was looking for work. I would make the employer explain how the company expects me record time worked in the interview, just so there are no surprises. If the employer thinks I’m going to be a problem and doesn’t want to hire me, that’s fine. I probably don’t want the job anyways.

Old, I’m not trying to be negative. I just don’t see your comments as constructive towards the conversation. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigD said:

Sorry Old, I mistook your previous posts as negative and derogatory towards pilots.

I do have an excellent rotation and I am compensated very well.

In the past I have worked for companies all using the hour averaging program. I know what some of these guys are going through. Every company I have worked for has a different way of recording hours worked. If I was looking for work. I would make the employer explain how the company expects me record time worked in the interview, just so there are no surprises. If the employer thinks I’m going to be a problem and doesn’t want to hire me, that’s fine. I probably don’t want the job anyways.

Old, I’m not trying to be negative. I just don’t see your comments as constructive towards the conversation. 

Good response and the hourly averaging thing is always dubious. I’ve seen companies say that flight pay is in place of extra hours worked. 

I also new a base manager that was sent an email that said he was not really a manager so was not entitled to the management benefits. Many years later when he left and asked for all his extra hours to be paid he was told that as a manager he was not paid that way. He pulled his old email that stated he was not a manager and burned them for over 10,000 grand. Companies can’t have it both ways although they will always try. Cheers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1