Sign in to follow this  
Success_Over

Comments on BC Helicopters as flight school

I like the part about asking family or friends to lend you the money. If you go that route you are well on your way to realising what life as a pilot will be like.

• Haha 3

I would take the fixed wing route these days if were in your shoes. HUGE demand for pilot, great pay, set schedules with the major airlines, etc..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shakey said:

I like the part about asking family or friends to lend you the money. If you go that route you are well on your way to realising what life as a pilot will be like.

Hahahahahaha isn’t that how all the real pilots make it in this industry? Personally the Icing video is my favourite and the look of shear panic and terror on his face. Classic! Wonder if you should be teaching students when the first 500 hours of your “career” he had no real mentorship from anyone.  I don’t think I would take any advice from anyone who needs a copilot in a jet ranger to longline lumber. On that note not sure if that’s legal either but ah well that’s another topic. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Toughtimes said:

Hahahahahaha isn’t that how all the real pilots make it in this industry? Personally the Icing video is my favourite and the look of shear panic and terror on his face. Classic! Wonder if you should be teaching students when the first 500 hours of your “career” he had no real mentorship from anyone.  I don’t think I would take any advice from anyone who needs a copilot in a jet ranger to longline lumber. On that note not sure if that’s legal either but ah well that’s another topic. 

Bwhahahahahaha keep posting the vids on YouTube they are always good for a laugh.  I enjoyed the icing video as well!  There was also one about not being able to put avgas in a turbine my buddy told me,  when all real pilots know a turbine will burn pretty much anything in a pinch including avgas, it just takes time off the components. I’m pretty sure everybody knows someone or has even done it themselves in a pinch.  

Keep pumping out them students! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Diaper_Pin said:

I would take the fixed wing route these days if were in your shoes. HUGE demand for pilot, great pay, set schedules with the major airlines, etc..

That is some solid advice right there. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheReaper2.0 said:

Bwhahahahahaha keep posting the vids on YouTube they are always good for a laugh.  I enjoyed the icing video as well!  There was also one about not being able to put avgas in a turbine my buddy told me,  when all real pilots know a turbine will burn pretty much anything in a pinch including avgas, it just takes time off the components. I’m pretty sure everybody knows someone or has even done it themselves in a pinch.  

Keep pumping out them students! Lol

Exact quote from video “ If you put avgas in a turbine the engine will quit! It will ruin your engine. Not to mention you’re ruining a $400,000 engine but you will potentially DIE!” there’s more on the video but that’s the gem right there. Lol

• Haha 1

Hahaha I’ve ran Jet (I think it was Jet, kinda smelled like it at least) in a machine that was so old I couldn’t even tell it was Jet from the tag, there was probably more rust than actual metal on the drum.  I’m still here and the engine didn’t quit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1