Comments on BC Helicopters as flight school

Success_Over

8 hours ago, TheReaper2.0 said:

Bwhahahahahaha keep posting the vids on YouTube they are always good for a laugh.  I enjoyed the icing video as well!  There was also one about not being able to put avgas in a turbine my buddy told me,  when all real pilots know a turbine will burn pretty much anything in a pinch including avgas, it just takes time off the components. I’m pretty sure everybody knows someone or has even done it themselves in a pinch.  

Keep pumping out them students! Lol

8 hours ago, Toughtimes said: 

Hahahahahaha isn’t that how all the real pilots make it in this industry? Personally the Icing video is my favourite and the look of shear panic and terror on his face. Classic! Wonder if you should be teaching students when the first 500 hours of your “career” he had no real mentorship from anyone.  I don’t think I would take any advice from anyone who needs a copilot in a jet ranger to longline lumber. On that note not sure if that’s legal either but ah well that’s another topic.

I am not able to understand the technical things above but I can get some ideas.

So can you guys clearly explain why one should not consider this school ?

Success-over,

there is little reason to discount this school over another. They’re all the same - you give them money and you walk out with a license. Go with your gut and pick the instructor that you like and off you go. It doesn’t change much who you train with 20 years down the line. 

My previous comment is one I heard when I started out and I didn’t listen either. If you want to do it then go for it. I will say however that if I could do it again, I wouldn’t. There’s so much time away from home and the nicest employer is out to make money - not friends. We’re underpaid, under appreciated and undervalued. That’s the reality but the work can be fun and lots of people think your job is cool for a 5 min conversation. 

If that sounds like your cup of tea the pull the trigger and we can swap stories some time in a swamp while swatting bugs on a fire while we watch the fixed wings try and pound a fire for us. Best of luck and keep in touch. Let us know what you decide. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Success_Over said:

I am not able to understand the technical things above but I can get some ideas.

So can you guys clearly explain why one should not consider this school ?

I agree with Rotor, however ask the guy instructing you what it’s like to be on a campaign fire, or in a camp setting, or sitting on a pipeline for 10 hours and you didn’t bring your lunch cuz the client told you he’d only need an hour, two max and now your thinking about eating the rations from the survival kit cuz you’ve been there all day.  If he’s never been in one of those situations I would look elsewhere.  Anybody can teach you how to fly, but it’s the insights and experience I took away most from my initial training. 

Also go fixed wing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1