Sign in to follow this  
Dynamic

FAA conversion

Has anyone here done the Canadian CPL(H) to FAA Commercial conversion?  I am aware of the requirements, just wondering what the exam looks like? 

Any tips, pointers appreciated!

Cheers

I did my conversion this spring.  Exam wasn't a big challenge if you're prepared.  Dauntless and Sheppard Air have great study guides specifically made for the CCH exam.  Once the exam is complete, do your interview with the FAA and I had my temp airman license right away and they mail you the card at a later date.

Best of luck!

Very straight forward if you spend a few hours studying. Make your appointment to write the exam and pay your money.

If you want a stand alone FAA cert. make sure you get a FAA Class 1 or 2 medical done before you see the FAA.

The advantage of a stand alone FAA Commercial Cert. is that it doesn't ride on your Transport Canada License. it also has the "Not for Hire or compensation" restriction removed. IE: you can get paid to fly a FAA registered aircraft.

I did the Canadian Atpl to Faa Atp I used the ASA test prep and wrote the conversion exam wasn't that hard. 50 questions If I remember right.

Emerson