Alcohol

Sorry to say it is 12 hrs....officer McLucsky will be showing up with the breathalizer I am sure....dah! I think I mentioned on here about being in an Alberta forestry camp back in the 80's when some guys with Associated Heli rolled in late at night in an Astar. Couldn't fiquire out why the engineer wanted to drag his spares into the tent we were sharing until he opened the large box and to our amazement and joy was 48 cans of ice cold beers. A good time was had by the 4 of us...don't know who you were but thanks for the memories buddy!

14 hours ago, flingwinger said:

I disagree. Now you can’t even have a single beer with dinner and there is nothing more satisfying than a cold beer after a 8-10 hour day sweating your bag off in the cockpit. 

You mean to tell us that a nice refreshing Shirley Temple with Ray after 8 hours of bucketing wouldn’t be good enough😳.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I use to do the 8 hrs of bucketing followed by an hour of greasing and DIing before the cold brewskies. My old buddy Ray and I spent many nights in the Pickle hotel after givin er day after day on more fires than i can remember. Still remember Ray's line to the barkeep....double rums until I tell you to stop. You knew Ray had had enough when he would say bring me a Ceasar . This would then be followed up by a night cap at the Winston were Ray would order a Paralizer. Not sure what was in that but in the morning Ray would be up at 5 standing in the doorway of the double wide trailer that we stayed in with a towel around him and his electric razor going and never the worse for ware. He died at the ripe old age of 77 and had been flying for over 50 hrs with something over 22000 hrs under his belt! RIP buddy!

• Like 3