Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Work Related Pranks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a new seismic crew come in. They needed a safety briefing around the a/c.

The pilot was a rough looking biker dude. I was a polished, well groomed engineer.

(I know, role reversal...)

So I did the safety briefing. Did the complete walkabout.

Crews were ready to go to work. They got strapped in, I strapped myself in the cockpit. Turned on the battery, boost pumps.

Looked over at the pilot outside, said, Hey, why don't you give this a shot. You've seen me do this enough times.

So I jump out, he jumps in, starts the aircraft. I'm talking out loud to him, watch the TOT....now ease back on the throttle...there, it wasn't so bad, was it?

The passengers are exchanging nervous glances.

I tell the pilot, why don't you see if you can hover this...as I close the door and step back.

He did a fairly 'entertaining' hover. There was pure panic on the faces of the jughounds.

It took him the rest of the flight to convince the guys that he was the actual pilot, and I was the AME.

When I was a young, keen apprentice I was sent on a job to Norhtern Saskatchawan. I was to help on a job there with a Jet Ranger and a 204 for a few days. One morning I thought (trying to be diligent) that I would do a walk around on the 206 just prior to it started.

I made sure that the area was clear, the tie-downs were removed and all the cowls were closed and latched. This being done I positioned myself at the nose of the machine in front of the pilot with my mitted hand (it was winter) resting on the battery door and waited for the pilot (a high-time industry vet) to "hit-the-button".

I'm not sure at what point I decided it would be a good idea, but as the machine spooled up and the blades started to turn, I gave the nose of the A/C a little "tap" with my mitted hand. As the blades increased speed and everytime a blade crossed the nose I tapped the nose. The Pilot was too busy watching gauges during the start to notice my subtle "tap" at each blade passing at that point, but by the time the machine was running at ground Idle with me patting the nose like it was basketball being dribbled an inch off the ground...he was sitting up and taking notice. His head was "fully-articulated" looking around. This was the funniest thing I'd ever seen at least it was until he realized where the noise was coming from.

I can't say if it was what he mouthed at me or his middle finger on display for me and me alone that wiped the smile off my face but the joke was over. He quickly pulled pitch and was gone leaving me fearing his return and wondering what he would say and do to me.

In the end he cooled off by the end of the day and we all had a laugh. :up: