Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Work Related Pranks

Well, I'm not really sure if this in even a prank, but one unforegttable incident that I just sat back and watched. I was working Logging Support in the interior, our crew picked up the regular 5:00 AM 7-11 breakfast and lunch combo. While in the checkout line, one of the engineers needed a lighter and decided since he has never owned a Zippo, it would be a cool choice.

After setting out the rigging crew I returned to the service van just as the above engineer was taking apart, and trying to figure out the technical workings of the 'mysterious' Zippo. After a careful analysis of the various servicable components, the next obvious step (to him) was to then fill the felt with a common fuel known as Butane :shock: . I said nothing to him, mainly because I wanted to watch the show to follow, and took a seat so I could observe from a safe distance :up: .

As the felt pack became full of fuel and his hands covered in butane, he began shouting "ouch, ouch, cold, cold, cold" followed by colourful descriptive words. After assembling and checking the mechanical cover he proceded to light the Zippo, which burst into a rather large blue flame, which included his hands covered in butane. This was followed by further shouting of "ouch, ouch, hot, hot, hot" while stomping his new lighter on the floor and eventually kicking it out the door into the snowbank. Needless to say I was in tears from laughter.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, here is the one I pulled on a small group of guys at the same time.

picture the mobile work bench in a typical hangar.....steel frame, covered in Galvanized sheet metal. Now imagine spring ops-gear maintenance......specifically the Honda fuel pumps and generators with small gas engines... Think CDI ignition....pull cord.....sparkplug wire....metal bench-top...3 apprentices and 2 engineers standing around leaning on table

SOOOOOO.... I'm perched in a precarious position changing a jetbox defog blower motor, said DOM decides to smear used mean green hand cleaner all over my ears as I am unable to defend myself.......Can I take this? Ohhhh noooo I cannot. Two hours lated I had nicely plumbed a very very large container of baby powder to a long air line and placed it squarely in the middle of the cab of his truck in the parking lot. I waited...by the shop air air port with the other end of the air line in plain sight from the window of his office.....He sees the line gets up......follows the line to the door...... and looks to where it was going.....Priceless

Don't leave you flight helmet in a hangar with bored pilots and engineers!!!

I was coming to the end of my tour, pack up my stuff thew it all in my truck and made my way up to a job interview....

A couple of weeks later I'm packing up my stuff to head for my new job when I get a phone call from a bored 205 driver that asks me if I'm gay. "No" I answer. He then tells me to check my helmet when I get home. He used a label maker and in transparent tape with black lettering he writes "Gay and proud of it" (very difficult to see if you arent looking for it) and sticks it on the back of my helmet where my rear pax can see.

I went on 3 revenue flights and a job interview with that written on the back.

Vertical X....Victory shall be Mine!!!!

SOOOOOO.... I'm perched in a precarious position changing a jetbox defog blower motor, said DOM decides to smear used mean green hand cleaner all over my ears as I am unable to defend myself.......Can I take this? Ohhhh noooo I cannot. Two hours lated I had nicely plumbed a very very large container of baby powder to a long air line and placed it squarely in the middle of the cab of his truck in the parking lot. I waited...by the shop air air port with the other end of the air line in plain sight from the window of his office.....He sees the line gets up......follows the line to the door...... and looks to where it was going.....Priceless

AWESOME!......anybody I know, snark?,,,,,,,???

(snicker)

We were working late night changing a fuel tank on a 206 and in the wee small hours of the morning thought it would be a great joke to pull on the hanger gopher/cleaner by putting a load of baby powder in the exhaust of the shop vac.

The only problem was he turned it on in the Base Manger's office.

Needless to say the boss was a tad upset with us. :shock:

these are great though as the apprentice i don't know how well a prank from me would go over?

though in my past life at a dealer ship the head tech filled one of the guys top and bottom box with 2 part expanding foam. the guy comes back from holidays and was not happy to have to spend 2 days chipping his tools out the foam. to get even he welded the head techs box closed it kind of ended there.

same shop they would use oxy acetilen in a 500ml-1l plastic botle and a spark plug siliconed into the lid. this was placed under car hoods under cars or any were to scare the sh#t out of any one. the exposive charges in seat belt recoilers werw also used. :up: