Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Work Related Pranks

We were in TO covering the mail strike back in summer of 93, and the air ambulance was based at the same hangar that we were operating out of.

One of the FO, s had a red Honda Prelude with personlized license plates, and some kind individual made a cardboard plate up that was the identical colours and shape, but read I,M GAY and this poor guy drove around for 2-3 days with this on the back of his car, not knowing. :huh:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving a hand at one of our remote bases because it was extremely busy. Putting in some 16 hr days.

Had a 100hr wonder working as the dispatcher. He was probably the most irritating person I had ever met.

One day, the phone rang. He called out to me that the head office was looking for me. And could I use the phone in the hangar, because he was on the other line in the office. I picked up the phone and said hello. There was no one there. I said hello again. Nothing. I looked at the earpiece. There was grease smeared all over it. Felt my ear. Grease.

I lost it. Grabbed the idiot and laid a beat down on him. The company safety officer happened to be in town and was at the front office. He came running out. "You know, if you do that, it means he's won". I didn't care. Idiot was 'let go' shortly after.

Yikes!

Had a flight instructor come out to inspect something on the nose gear of the 172, he had been trying to pull pranks on everyone for the last day or 2, so just after he gets both arms involved with what hes doing, I yell "CLEAR PROP!" and skippy jumps about 400' out of his skin and dives for the grass.

Small crowd gathered around the other 172 didnt stop laughing at him for quite a while. On the other hand, he showed no mercy when we all went paintballing.

Cole

Giving a hand at one of our remote bases because it was extremely busy. Putting in some 16 hr days.

Had a 100hr wonder working as the dispatcher. He was probably the most irritating person I had ever met.

One day, the phone rang. He called out to me that the head office was looking for me. And could I use the phone in the hangar, because he was on the other line in the office. I picked up the phone and said hello. There was no one there. I said hello again. Nothing. I looked at the earpiece. There was grease smeared all over it. Felt my ear. Grease.

I lost it. Grabbed the idiot and laid a beat down on him. The company safety officer happened to be in town and was at the front office. He came running out. "You know, if you do that, it means he's won". I didn't care. Idiot was 'let go' shortly after.

ray, Give your head a shake,so you are working long hours and a "100 hr wonder "plays a practical joke on you is that any reason to go ballistic?

And what do you mean by "laid a beat down on him"?

If it means you physically attacked him, in an company I have worked for you would be out the door as well.

ray, Give your head a shake,so you are working long hours and a "100 hr wonder "plays a practical joke on you is that any reason to go ballistic?

If it means you physically attacked him, in an company I have worked for you would be out the door as well.

I'm with Ray on that one. Pick a window fella, you're leaving.......... :stupid: ........... :( :shock: :blink::wacko:

That's right I may be out the door but he's going out the window and it ain't open. :punk:

Elvis, it was probably the 100th practical joke he had played on me up to that point, within a 2 week period. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but he had been warned to back off long before that.

I just didn't have the time and patience to be entertaining him.

'Grande Diablo' could testify just how irritating this person could be. He was stuck with him all summer.

And yes, I did beat him up.

OK, back on topic.

Working a spray job along with a competitors R22 and 100 Hour Wonder doing monitoring work. We stole a big “Student Driver” sign from the back of an 18 Wheeler and taped it to the bottom of his R22. He had that thing on there for a week before the customer let him off the hook. You would think a good DI would have caught that? :prop: :D:lol: