Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Work Related Pranks

I hadn't met this guy yet but he was logging under the crane. It being a steep hillside the 206 nosed right up to said logger who then proceeded to put a fine strong breath into pito tube. Next day the pilot prodded same logger to repeat the antic but this time with the pito heat on...ouch!

Used to send rookie chasers down the road for "choker dekinker"

or rookie hookers running to far helipad for "choker holes"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" Next day the pilot prodded same logger to repeat the antic but this time with the pito heat on...ouch!"

if the pilot did this on purpose knowing full well how hot pitot tubes get, that is well beyond a prank, and is assault at the very least. No different than smashing him upside the head with a baseball bat for no reason. I hope he doesn't classify himself as a professional pilot.

these are great though as the apprentice i don't know how well a prank from me would go over?

though in my past life at a dealer ship the head tech filled one of the guys top and bottom box with 2 part expanding foam. the guy comes back from holidays and was not happy to have to spend 2 days chipping his tools out the foam. to get even he welded the head techs box closed it kind of ended there.

same shop they would use oxy acetilen in a 500ml-1l plastic botle and a spark plug siliconed into the lid. this was placed under car hoods under cars or any were to scare the sh#t out of any one. the exposive charges in seat belt recoilers werw also used. :up:

Just found this post....

And I can tell you, any pranks would not go over well, New Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :glare:

Unless, of course, you are a fan of cleaning fuel cells!!!!!!! I think there is a weeks worth!!!!! :P

Back in the days before Dynanav, Kodiak, and Bag-runners the Hounds would call in the helicopter using the clock angle method. :wacko:

One year Daylight savings fell on April 1st!!!

My pilot Gord announced to the crew over the radio that "it was daylight savings last night, so when you call me in, my 12:00 is now my 1:00" :shock:

You should have heard them trying to call him in!!!

We probably got an extra hour air time that day!!! :up:

Another good one was a Jet Ranger that had a 2 1/2 inch crack above the baggage compartment, under the engine.

When I got up there and looked it was a 5 color spread out of a Hustler!!!!

Good thing we had no female engineers!!!!!

I think I am gluing someones wrench to their workbench tomorrow!!! I am inspired!!!!!