Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helmet inline amplifier cord

I have recently encountered a glitch with my Gallet Helmet, when used in the new 407GXi, the volume is not high enough to be readable, with both the com box and the radios at max volume.  Anybody knows of an 'inline' amplifier I could buy?

On 7/9/2019 at 11:34 PM, Diaper_Pin said:

Sounds like an impedance issue/mismatch.

I concur. Civilian and military system have different impedance, which results in lower volume when not matched.

You can purchase impedance matching adapter but you need to know what type of helmet you have (military/civilian and what time of audio system the aircraft has, military/civilian).

Here are the two adapters:

Pilot Usa Military Low to Ga Helicopter High Impedance Adapter Pa-88h

Pilot Usa Ga Helicopter High to Military Low Impedance Adapter Pa-87h

1 hour ago, Saifan Pilot said:

I concur. Civilian and military system have different impedance, which results in lower volume when not matched.

You can purchase impedance matching adapter but you need to know what type of helmet you have (military/civilian and what time of audio system the aircraft has, military/civilian).

Here are the two adapters:

Pilot Usa Military Low to Ga Helicopter High Impedance Adapter Pa-88h

Pilot Usa Ga Helicopter High to Military Low Impedance Adapter Pa-87h

Yes, I've seen it in a couple of 214's with low impedance systems. The simple solution was to switch out the mike and things sprang to life. However it took half a day to get to that point initially. I always carry a couple of mikes in my helmet bag. For just this reason, you never know what machine you'll be thrown into next while on tour.