Colours

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's real simple. You want to wear the competition's advertisements, then they should pay you to do so. If they won't, then you wear the advertisements of those who will pay you. If they won't do that either, then you wear something generic that isn't a competitor of the one supplying you with a paycheque at present. That's called "common sense" and using your head for something else besides a place to put a cap.

I wear my pervious employers hat at home cus' it fit a whole load better than my current bright red pidgeon logoed hat :D But in work....Well thats a whole other issue and I happily wear the bosses cap that makes me look like a geek...Its the "golden" rule...

What a stupid topic !!!

You're absolutely right Cranedriver! We should be badmouthing somebody instead of exchanging opinions in a civilized way!!!! Hey, I know what, let's go after Ralph again!!!!!!!!

Half the threads on this forum could be considered "stupid", so what's your point???

:blink: Jeez.....a minor thing gets blown out of proportion. What possible difference does it make if a pilot shows up wearing a Cougar Helicopters hat into my office here on the west coast? No problem, all we run are 212's, 58T's. As a management type, a flight crew wearing brand x helicopters that operate a/c totally foriegn to us is not a conflict of interest, or a slap to us. If it means that much to the operator, it's simple.....give all your flight crew and support staff company colours they would be proud to wear, any management type that would snap or lose it on such a trivial thing should perhaps go see a "shrink".... :wacko:

Helilog56:

I don't think my posting and a few others was suggesting including the original that manangement would have a moment should one of there employes wear another companies hat or whatever.

What is lacking in this day and age is the respect for others and that is also reflected should an employee wear somebody else's gear.

Why not just give the finger to whoever is paying your salary.

That is not a management problem, that is the individual's problem.

Respect is a two way street, don't give it, don't expect it.

IMHO Don

Actually Don, it was post number 6 that my comment was more directed towards. My warped way of looking at things are such that to me respect (or lack of it), is not by the "package" but more on what are the "contents"." I" am not taking it as disrespectful when someone walks into my office wearing whatever they want.....If the individual is courteous, attentive,sincere,interested and direct, that is for me, them showing respect and they will be given the same. As you said, it is "your" opinion that, " What is lacking in this day and age is the respect for others and that is also reflected should an employee wear somebody elses gear", sorry Don, as much as your opinion is valued, it is not agreed upon in my books, and that my friend is what is always so much fun within these forums, differences in views, attitudes and opinions......the foundation of what makes us all unique... ;) Cheers..H56