Colours

Blackmac -------you and I are dated "ol bean. I happen to think that if my company is competing daily against others on contracts locally and farther away, that it ain't too smart to be walking around advertising one of those competing companies........whether my company supplies that gear or not. What I wear during "my off time" is my business, but I'll accord my employer that much respect when I'm using his equipment on the job or on his premises. I think he deserves that. There's all kinds of things that I can wear and advertise without "rubbing my employer's nose in it" by wearing advertisements of the company that just beat him out on an important contract yesterday.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bag swinnger

I have worn other companies logos to my advantage of aquiring new gear.

Having said that I would also like to point out that there are lots of companies out their that require you as an employee to pay for company gear, wich is just wrong.

Guest bag swinnger

Hey Mags if you pm me with your info I will send you the latest edition cap from our company. very nice indeed and yes we are a eurocopter customer. :)

Which brings me to the other side, what do you do when a customer comes up to your machine wearing all the competiors clothes......

Not all the clothes, but had a good customer (who also flew with the competition as they were required to "share" the work) come one day with 'their' hat on. So I grabbed it, threw it on the ground and stepped on it! :lol:

He looked at me, saw me smiling and said, "Yeah, I know. Grabbed the wrong hat off the shelf this morning!"

We had quite a laugh and the day went on.... :up: :up:

I guess some have, but I've yet to have to pay for company headgear. It's all a "touchy" subject with me and for good cause. I once ran a base and on one occasion was asked to supply a pilot with some hats for a very good customer. I gave him 24 for for the whole crew....and thought I'd done a good thing. That was a Friday and on Monday morning I pick up a copy of the local rag and the first thing I see in a colour photo on the front page........a big Saturday night "punch-up" in front of one of the local hotels........and practiclly everyone is wearing my company's hat. Did some immediate checking and found out that most of the crews they were handed out to were natives from the local reserve. Two days pass and a call comes in from Ops at HQ wanting to know what the **** happened because it made the province-wide newspapers. I "ate" that for the next 2 years and hats were handed out thereafter by me under threat of a physical altercation with me if a similar thing re-occurred again. Since then....lookin' for a company hat?.......sorry, this is the last one I got and I had to beg for this one.

I feel the same about wearing my company's advertisements to the local "sipping hole" where a whole bunch have gathered and perhaps stay gathered til closing time. The next morning at 5- 6AM a helicopter takes off and some stupid ill-informed people will add 2 and 2 together and come up with 5. If that a/c should have an accident on T/O, then I get tarred with the same paint brush as everyone else......and it's usually false, but the damage has been done. I speak again from experience of witnessing same and things can get mighty ugly before the dust settles. Staying in one's room and "hitting the sack" is no guarantee of safety either in that regard.

Those that wish to can file that under "old-fashioned or weird ideas" if they so wish, but I'll "stand" with them nonetheless and no offense taken.

I was looking for some contract work a few years back and had boiled it down to to company A and company B that were very similar in size and offer. I had made up my mind to go work for company A and called the D.O.M. to give him the good news when he remembered to tell me all crews were expected to purchase and wear their company shirts while on duty. I told him that first of all, if they wanted me to wear their uniforms, they'd have to pay for them, and second, even if they paid for them (which he assured me they would NOT) I'll be **** if I'm gonna let anybody tell me what I can or can not wear while I'm working! He said "I'm sorry but that's our policy!" to which I replied "thanks for your time, have a good summer and good day to you sir!!!

Company B turned out to be a much better choice anyways!