Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helicopter Shelter - Dome.

Hi, I'm Dmitrii from Russia, I want to talk about a shelter for helicopters.

My colleagues and I are making unusual shelters for helicopters at our plant in Siberia. Such shelters can be installed anywhere - on the roof, on the ground, on the airfield. The helicopter can land directly in the shelter, the helicopter can take off directly from the shelter. Similar shelters are made by other companies in France and America, but we have improved the method of attaching the frame parts to the engine, this allowed us to reduce the weight of the shelter and reduce its price. But we retained the strength of the shelter and even improved the strength. Sorry for my English, I don’t speak this language, I use Google translator.
We also added one electronic unit for the safety of people and helicopters, now the shelter immediately stops if there is a threat of its breakdown.
We made only three shelters and now we are doing two more. But we can do 20 or 30 shelters at once, we just don’t know if these shelters are necessary for professionals.

Here is the video and information:  http://tdlommeta.ru/en/shelter-ammonite/

Thank.

20160609_093658.jpg

DSC03987.JPG

IMG_8342.JPG

1 hour ago, freck said:

Does that come with a discount for the computer I just ruined spitting coffee on it? 

Unfortunately this is not a sheep shed. The shelter for the helicopter should work 20-30 years. Helicopter shelter must withstand the storm. Helicopter shelter should not damage people and the helicopter. How many computers can I buy for the price of one helicopter?
Sorry for my English 😃

3 minutes ago, R0T0R said:

True but you can get a hangar with a toilet for a couple 100 grand that can house multiple machines and you don’t have to take a crap outside on the ramp or, if you’re civilized, at the local Tim Hortons! 

Yes. You're right. But if you need to build a landing site with a hangar far from civilized places (for example, in the forest or in the mountains), then you can save money by combining the hangar with the landing point.