Sign in to follow this  
SAS

Night rating currency

I have a night rating, Can I fly at night, with no passengers, to make myself night recurrent  or do I need someone current with me  

please only answer if you know for sure. 

thanks

22 hours ago, SAS said:

I have a night rating, Can I fly at night, with no passengers, to make myself night recurrent  or do I need someone current with me  

please only answer if you know for sure. 

thanks

Go up by yourself. The CARs are clear.

So....I get asked by the boss...when do we have to leave so I can get to where I want to go go before it is dark...I let him know...when does he show up....I tell him it will be dark in 20 minutes...his reply...do you have a problem with that....my answer....I don't but you might in 30 minutes...fah!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another good one...buddy boy gets me to fly him to a meeting...its getting very late and I have him informed that we have to leave now or we will be flying home in the dark... no problem he says ...I don't mind flying in the dark...ok...I am pissed. Its an hour and a half home over water in the dark...clear night or I would not have gone but I am pissed off! Well I will leave it there...we made it home!

• Haha 1

So to clarify the above responses. YES, you can go by yourself and do 3 circuits to become legal (3 takeoffs and landings every 90 days to be current. after that you need to fly 5 take offs and landing within 6 months to maintain currency.

The takeoffs and landings MUST include a full take off and landing, so a full circuit. In the US you can do that with Air taxi.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1