Sign in to follow this  
DGP

Another story

I was going to put this under whats up with P/E but I will start a new thread....After I had been on the job in Red Lake for 2 months I get a call and asked if I would do a 2 week job in Gilliam hauling guys around collecting sand samples looking for diamonds...this after asking for time off.. I get told there will be at least 4 hrs of flying a day...so I say ok and load up and head north for Gilliam. I also tell them that this ship will need a 100 hr inspection soon and the usual answer....you will have every evening to work on the ship...great....so I plan on stopping to do some brook trout fishing on the way....as I will be going right past my favourite fishing spot on Gods River that I always stop at going north or going south. Its out in the middle of no where. I land an have a good hour of fishing and then load up and hit the start button...roll the throttle...nothing...lovely.

• Like 1

Well this was not good...I just wasted some battery and now I have to see why this ship won't start. I try the auto relight and can hear the ignitor snapping away so it could be a fuel problem...hopefully not a fcu crapped out. I drag out the tool boxes and my 3 step ladder...disconnect the main fuel line to the fuel nozzle and pull the ignitor circuit breaker...roll on some throttle and with the boost pumps running I motor it over...well fuel is coming out...hook up the fuel line and this is it...not much battery left...crank on her again and that lovely noise greets my ears as fuel starts burning in that motor...load up my junk and I am off...100 miles to Gilliam. Bonus!

When I get to Gilliam I pull the ignitor plug out which had quit a bit of carbon on it so I always carried a new plug...changed it and then pulled the fuel nozzle which didn't look to bad but I cleaned it for good luck. The job would have me shutting down many times out in the boonies and I didn't want to have this happen again as I wouldn't be dragging my tools around so we will see what happens. I called our hangar and a fcu was put on the next jet into Gilliam.

• Like 1