Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Another story

DGP

So...i was working this fire for a couple of weeks...Dave is hauling crews out with the 204 and I am bucketing hot spots. I get a call...some guy just rammed a stick in his eye and I have to get him to the hospital in Geralton. i load him up and blast off into town...I land next to the helipad in Geralton at the hospital and wait while he is being looked at...in the mean time...the medevac S-76 lands and they are picking up a patient for transfer. The boys are looking dapper with the white shirts and bars on their shoulders...they get their guy on board and go to fire up...its a no go. Captain wonderful comes over and asks me ...you ...ah wouldn't...ah happen to be a pilot/eng   ah.. I say..well yes I am...he sheepishly askes if I could figuire out his problem....I ask...this think running C30 motors...he replies ...yes...I think... I say ok...where can I stand on that think and I will have a look....he opens the cowlings and I take a peak...I say give me a second and I will get my bung wrench out of my ship . Now he is looking at me like...is this guy a moron....I give the starter a good wack and tell him to try it now...amazing...it turns over and he tells me he owes me...I said a couple of 24's would  do...never saw them...thanks Canadian Heli!!!!