Per Diems 2019

Winnie

Must be nice! Seems like most everyone is better than ours! 

40$ per diem 

40$ bush pay

per diem has been 40$ for a very long time. These should all be abolished and we should be getting a full salary no more flight pay and all these other add ons. Then it would up to the company to get the work! I’d love to not care where I’m going and what iron I’ll be on instead of getting mad when you fly a .6 sit in the back of the heli for 7 hours and fly a .6 back. 

• Thanks 1

I thought a per diem was meant to "top up", what you would already be spending at home to eat....because you were away from home, thus not cooking in your kitchen, but rather having to eat at a restaurant. 

So $20 breakfast, $20 lunch, and $50 dinner....while complaining, kind of sounds like you are expecting the company to be paying for your entire meal while you are working, instead of making up the "difference" of not being at home, or in a normal job where you eat breakfast at home, pack a lunch, and go home for dinner.

Am I missing something? 

Edited by TopFuel
Added to original post
  • Sad 1

n general the purpose of the per diem payment (or the deduction of expenses when inadequate reimbursements are provided) is to alleviate the burden on taxpayers whose business or employment travel creates duplicated expenses.

That is straight from the CRA. 

Most per diems today are not even close to what the government allows, yet this is tax deductible and can be included in the rate for the aircraft in a per hour basis anyway.

At $40 which seems to be the lowest rate today, is 11 dollars short of what CRA considers standard, and does NOT include incidentals. CRA today considers MEAL allowance only to be $90.10 CAD with an additional $17.50 for incidentals.

It has nothing to do with supplementing income, but getting businesses into the 21st Century.

How many here are issued cellphones from the company? Lap Top Computers? Do you use your own for anything related to the business? hence the increased per diems. $51 + incidentals seem to be the lowest they should be today, unless you feed me on site, then I can accept ONLY incidentals, but if I have to use anything of my own, I should get the current rate at a minimum.

• Like 3

On 10/31/2019 at 12:09 AM, TopFuel said:

I thought a per diem was meant to "top up", what you would already be spending at home to eat....because you were away from home, thus not cooking in your kitchen, but rather having to eat at a restaurant. 

So $20 breakfast, $20 lunch, and $50 dinner....while complaining, kind of sounds like you are expecting the company to be paying for your entire meal while you are working, instead of making up the "difference" of not being at home, or in a normal job where you eat breakfast at home, pack a lunch, and go home for dinner.

Am I missing something? 

Yes you are and that is why you are always looking for guys.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 1:09 AM, TopFuel said:

Am I missing something? 

Not complaining at all, this is what I get.  It's not meant to "top up" at all.  It seems an appropriate amount to permit reasonable meals while away from home.