Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ec30 Hydraulics

I don't know about you guys but the way I read the accident report, it seemed like it was caused by too much airspeed and possibly the accumulators depleting at an uneven rate and the possibility that because of the latter, the pilot encountered a strong left cyclic force while he was already in a left turn at low altitude which would've made it almost impossible to recover.

I don't see any smoking gun in there that points to a catastrophic weakness in the AS350 hydraulic system.

Am I missing something???

I agree with Helidude.

The modifications to the hydraulic system of the AS 350 have in my opinion been a positive move, but the way Transport Canada handled the situation by issuing an AWD without and known issue or rectification is unacceptable. It had a negative impact on our industry and has set a very unsettling precident that after any fatal accident we will be receiving an AWD grounding or limiting the aircraft type involved in the incident.

That's just my opinion.