Downed Civilian Helicopter In Iraq

Gunmen execute Baghdad crash survivor: report

Last Updated Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:44:31 EDT

CBC News

BAGHDAD - An internet video shows gunmen helping a man purported to be the lone survivor of a helicopter shot down near Baghdad to his feet, then spraying him with bullets.

The civilian helicopter was shot down Thursday north of the Iraqi capital. Eleven foreigners working in the country died, including three Bulgarians, six Americans and two Fijians.

* FROM APRIL 21, 2005: Civilian helicopter shot down in Iraq, 11 dead

There's been no independent confirmation of the authenticity of the video, which was posted on a website used by Islamic militant groups.

Clumsily filmed, the video shows burning wreckage and two bodies lying on the ground, one badly charred. Nearby, a man wearing a blue flight suit with a bloodied head is lying in grass.

The unseen cameraman shouts in English for the man to stand up, but the injured man replies, "It's broken, give me a hand."

The gunmen pull him to his feet and he limps ahead of the camera, with his back to them. They apparently say something to him to make him turn around, when he's hit with gunfire.

Shouting "Allahu Akbar" or "God is great," the gunmen continue to fire after his body hits the ground.

It's believed the man was one of the Bulgarians.

copied this off the cbc website this morning.... :down: :down:

my condolences to all of them...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think these terrorists are a pretty twisted bunch. They really seem to get off on killing people. How long before their own compatriots see them for what they really are ? It took the Irish what, 50 years to finally realize that the IRA were nothing but a bunch of hooligans who used the "cause" as an excuse for their death and mayhem ?

Skidz ------you never heard of such things before? I realize the American Focres were blamed for a lot of killing in 'Nam', but perhaps you should read also what the VC and NVA did to their own countrymen and the tens of thousands they killed, raped and tortured. This ain't the first time Skidz.......it's just the first time you've taken note of it. Very little history is new.....we just keep on repeating the same crap over and over and over again.