Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Jetrangers For Sale

Guest sharky
Mtnhopper:

Just for info:

http://www.rbauction.com/equipment_search/...=2&class_cd=AIR

Richie Bros Auction in Toronto, selling 206BIII and tug-a-lug.  Phone: 905.857.2422, Fax: 905.857.5195, auction held Tuesday, May 10, 2005 To Wednesday, May 11, 2005.

Mark C-GTDA Serial No 3130

Common Name Bell Model 206B

It's been used and abused and the journey log has full details about all the metal it 's been making. Rumor has it that even the opening bid will be too high to justify all the work it needs.

Ok, II's Vs III's .... As RH says, I have about 5,000 hrs on each type...most at altitude.

in 25 words or less.....

After about 7,000' there IS a difference, in TOT and in T/R authority. Give me a III any day.

tooladdict, you need the C20B installed to make a real III, no point in installing a "high altitude kit" (???) without the TOT to get you working up there !

Need more than just a C20B to make it a JR III, in addition to the T/R there is a requirement for upgraded T/R Gearbox, TOT guage change, dual tach marking change, sheetmetal work on the engine oil cooler deck that requires deck replacement to allow mounting of the larger oil cooler...........just to name few.

HBD

Ok, II's Vs III's  .... As RH says, I have about 5,000 hrs on each type...most at altitude. 

in 25 words or less.....

After about 7,000' there IS a difference, in TOT and in T/R authority.  Give me a III any day.

tooladdict, you need the C20B installed to make a real III, no point in installing a "high altitude kit" (???) without the TOT to get you working up there !

To answer 407 driver:

I wrote ... with the flight manual of a III. That implies C20B.

Bell does not let you use a C20B power check chart even though your II has a C20B in it until you do the previously mentioned structural mods and T/R upgrades (all included in the high altitude kit). This info is from Bell Tech support as of 1 week ago.

This is complete bs since theoretically the same engine could pass the power check in one aircraft (II) but fail in the next (III) if the whole engine were to be swapped.