Canadian Helicopters Quebec School....

Canrotor

Hello All,

Has anyone on this site done any flight training at Canadian Helicopters flight school in Quebec city...???

They seem to have high time instructors and the Quebec area would seem to be a better training area than flat buttonville.

Comments,information or hints for prospective students welcome...!!!!! :D

Thanks,

Canrotor.

I'm going to add to the question to include the YKZ school. I'm planning on starting my training at Buttonville as it is close to me reducing costs for travel. Any information about what it is like to train with Canadian and what they are looking for in a new pilot who did training with them (I know they hire some grads but don't know on what grounds). Thanks for any help...we rotor rookies count any help from the high timers with real jobs as a message from the gods :D

• 2 weeks later...

I trained in buttonville a few years ago the instructors have changed since. The instructors that were there were great I think there at Silverline now. I beleive the CFI is the same. If your not from the east you will get along great with him and he will be a good help. But if your from the east good luck almost like he looks down on eastcoasters and this is from a few sources I dident get along good with him. Thats all I can say since the instructors are diffrent the CFI dident do a whole lot of training with me the little he did do was good just the personalty wasent there.

• 5 months later...
Hello All,

Has anyone on this site done any flight training at Canadian Helicopters flight school in Quebec city...???

They seem to have high time instructors and the Quebec area would seem to be a better training area than flat buttonville.

Comments,information or hints for prospective students welcome...!!!!! :D

Thanks,

Canrotor.

Spend your money wizely. Do your training in BC. The training in BC is superior to anything anywheres else in Canada. If you want to learn to navigate eastern Canada is the place, but if you really want to learn to soar come to BC. I personally did my traing in Fredericton years ago; it got me a job with the parent company but I really excelled once I got to BC. I just waisted 10 years in eastern Canada. I still don't regret it though.

I must Agree with transientorque2 training in the West is the Best, and yes Im bias... Go to Canadian Helicopters in Penticton BC there school there has one of the BEST training enviorments in the world. Ask around people will tell you, it may cost a bit more but you will be better trained and mountian trained aswell. Not to say that they are your only choice but the canadian millitaly, us millitary, dutch police, RCMP, and may other high profile sectors have trained at CHL's school in Penticton BC give the CFI (J.R.) a call and he'll explane everything to you... good luck.

I must Agree with transientorque2 training in the West is the Best, and yes Im bias... Go to Canadian Helicopters in Penticton BC there school there has one of the BEST training enviorments in the world. Ask around people will tell you, it may cost a bit more but you will be better trained and mountian trained aswell. Not to say that they are your only choice but the canadian millitaly, us millitary, dutch police, RCMP, and may other high profile sectors have trained at CHL's school in Penticton BC give the CFI (J.R.) a call and he'll explane everything to you... good luck.

I'm in a little of a disagreement with you on CHC Penticton. I would save my money and only do the mountain and or advanced course there. The basics could be done elsewhere in BC. They're not cheap by any means! I'm not knocking them. I know a few of the guys there as I once trained there when I worked for CHC on contract. Mel is a super guy and very efficient. He is one of the best I've seen. Real super guy with intergrity.

I have to agree with the WAAAAAAAAAY expensive part, penticton is an awsome school but $140000 canadian peso's is alot by anyones standards, I plan to do a bit after Im done my initial with them mabey...

a local pilot (a very smart one at that) said taht most places that have a 206 can put together a mountain course... and to try and stay away from people that are trying to stick it to you, that being said, once you have trained with chl in penticton alot of guys get some hours in real quick. I flew with an aussi guy in 02 that had something like 200 hours on a charter job in ellis creek, I didnt think that one would get such a good job with such low time. I questioned this and his reply was something to the effect of "the guy who brought the machine up here has just over 115 and got off of our course within a month or two ago

Thats probably why we got the helicopter so cheap :up:

That being said, if eclipse ever gets a 206(yea that'll happen :rolleyes: ) he will be my first choice for a mountain corse, ive known him for a while, and watched him fly, soooooooooo smooth

Well Im gonna stop typing now, Cole B)