Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

407 Or 119

I may be comparing apples and oranges here, but the reason major automobile manufacturers don't have "approved" service centers outside their own dealerships is that they make more profit on parts and service than on the sale of a new automobile.

Could it be that Eurocopter is using the same strategy ? If I'm not mistaken, a brand new AS350B2 is cheaper than a brand new B206B3 nowdays...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Skids Up,' I think you're pretty close to the mark, there, and 'Skidz' you've discovered the 'secret' of Detroit and the world's helicopter manufacturers, "Build them, and they'll come (then we'll kill them wih parts!!). Actually, they could probably give them away and just double the parts prices. Wouldn't we ALL be operators on our own, then? OH, whoopee! (Why's there no smilie for fingers down the throat?) ;)

in reference again to the sheetmetal work, they have a jig, the jig is not certified, (by Eurocopter anyways) and Transport has given them the OK.

So who builds the helicopter? TC or Eurocopter?

Wouldn't one suspect that if Eurocopter said, "the jig is not to our specifications" that transport could not say it doesn't matter and give approval anyway????

It seems such an easy problem to fix. If you don't jig it in our jig, you get no parts.

Somebody is getting :boff: here I suspects... :wacko:

Mags has a point about restricting the amount of organizations that can overhaul their componants.

Every other shop in the country is an approved Bell service center which means it's easy to find somebody to overhaul the product but the quality of the product ranges from excellent to miserable, depending on which shop you choose. That's a big problem that Bell has but Eurocopter doesn't. (Whether Acro gives excellent or miserable service is up to you to decide)

From my experience, the componants from Eurocopter have usually been of excellent quality but they're also not cheap. That being said, I'd rather pay more for a componant that will most likely be of higher quality, than go for the cheapest bid and hope that all the bits and pieces that should've been trashed were trashed.

Some of the so called "Bell approved" service centers out there are scary at best. Use at your own risk!!!

By the way, the Eurocopter manuals aren't written in Chinese! They're easier to use than the Bell manuals once you LEARN how to use them!