Aerial Filming Safety

Hello from a nOOb.

I am a film cameraman / tech in YHZ and often use Tyler mounts.

Have also done some Wescam over the yrs, not a lot.

I have been freelance since the mid 70's, SeaKings (navy training films for NFB/DND), H500, 206, A-Star, TwinStar, Super Puma, and S 61

I compiled a series of articles off the net about filming aerials and safety for pilots and film crews.

This is a public article and I am putting it up here for anyone who wants to download it and / or pass it on......... please feel free.

There is not a lot of info out there with easy access and I felt it would be nice if people could read more on the subject.

I fly mostly out of YFC (Heinz/Barry) YHZ (Jim, Brett) and YYT (Ron/Gerard) or Pasedena (Dave). I did some work in Churchill with Mark also, that's him on the cover page. I have given a copy of this to Brad Vardy in Ottawa also , he can forward it to you if need be.

Hope it comes in handy , here is the link:

(Note: sometimes the data rate chokes up on geocities, email me if you want a Word doc at pmtree@hotmail.com )

http://www.geocities.com/jatojet/HeloFilmSafety.html

cheers. Tree

( I don't fly helos but always wanted to....... I used to fly private pilot and gliders plus 10 yrs skydiving ).

Hello from a noobie.  I am a film cameraman/tech  in YHZ and often use Tyler mounts. 

Have also done some Wescam over the yrs, not a lot.

I have been in this work freelance since the mid 70's.

I compiled a series of articles off the net about filming aerials and safety for pilots and film crews.

This is a public article and I am putting it up here for anyone who wants to download it and / or pass it on.........  please feel free.

There is not a lot of info out there with easy access and I felt it would be nice if people could read more on the subject.

I fly mostly out of  YFC ( Heinz/Barry)  YHZ ( Jim, Brett)  and YYT (Ron/Gerard)  or Pasedena ( Dave)

(Did some work in Churchill with Mark also).

I sent a copy of this to Brad Vardy in Ottawa also  ( both of us are into bikes) , he can forward it to you if need be.

Hope it comes in handy ,  here is the link:

(Note: sometimes the data rate chokes up on geocities, email me if you want a Word doc at  pmtree@hotmail.com )

http://www.geocities.com/jatojet/HeloFilmSafety.html

cheers.  Tree

FYYFF :blink:

Good stuff in there, but I take issue with the statement that only film pilots should do the job. Where do "only film pilots" come from? I've seen good jobs done by the local guys, and indeed have been a local guy myself on both sides of the camera with a wescam and a spacecam, on more than one occasion - films and TV.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Phil

Hi Skidmark, good to hear you again. I should see a copy of SW here soon.

I was up your way last Aug ( Chisasibi ) but it was on 2 wheels, great trip.

We took 4 bikes up the dirt from Chibougamau.

Hope you have a good summer, it was fun chasing the bears.

cheers. Tree

PS: I just added another entry to the end of the filming doc.

Guest CHEVY II

Tree...let's hope so, can't rely on fires in this soggy province!

Have had several calls lately even from the Trailer Park Boys :blink: , so we should be seing you soon.