Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

2020 predictions

old

19 hours ago, Dynamic said:

It is going to be a wild, unpredictable year, that's a given. Did I hear correctly on the news this morning that all TFW's were going to be cancelled/not allowed entry? That could shake things up a bit. 

God forbid that some Canadians get a shot in Canada. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Twin Helix said:

God forbid that some Canadians get a shot in Canada. 

The Owners and Operators are represented by H-A-C are the ones responsible for the TFW 's working in Canada, they advertise in (3) newspapers that nobody ever heard off, or read, and then state that nobody in Canada is available.

The  advertising for TFW's should be posted in National Newspapers for at least five days prior to being approved by the government and any response to the requirement be as stated, and be signed off by Transportation Safety Board.

The Labour Board or whoever signs off on TFW'S has to be familiar with Aviation and it's requirements.

The Owners Club and H-A-C have been playing this game for years, and they get away with it, to the detriment of the industry as a whole.

Transport Canada needs a complete overhaul and it's about time the Parliament of Canada TOOK ACTION, instead of platitudes.

The FAA says it needs at least 10,000 more inspectors, to function properly!!!!!!

What do you think Canada needs to meet regulation requirements and proper enforcement of same?????

As usual moan and groan, sit on your ARSE and do nothing.

Have at It.

Cheers

• Like 1

I generally agree with alot of things Blackmac says....then his crusty ol' fart emerges with comments like this which chap my ***...

"As usual moan and groan, sit on your ARSE and do nothing."

How do you assume no one is doing anything??

perhaps leave out the parting shots and more people would jump on board. The death of that not to be spoken about association was because of this very reason.

GrayHorizons:

I have been wasting my time trying to motivate the Helicopter Industry by posting things that are relevant to the industry, if you don't I agree with the truth don't read my posts and try and keep your hidden remarks to yourself, or elaborate.

I have been in the industry longer than you and held every job imaginable, so as I said (As usual moan and groan, sit on your ARSE and do nothing." ) try doing something for a change and post it, if you are so intelligent. 

If you don't agree with what I have to say, come up with a better solution and post it, instead of criticizing. 

• Like 1

one thing i have learned, which you clearly havent, is that this forum, is not, nor ever will be a place for change. Highly doubt you would agree my view is intelligent or not.

you wont find me here offering solutions. it's pointless. 

and if I did try and rally the troops, i would clearly not insult them at the same time.

On 3/18/2020 at 2:53 PM, Blackmac said:

GrayHorizons:

I have been wasting my time trying to motivate the Helicopter Industry by posting things that are relevant to the industry, if you don't I agree with the truth don't read my posts and try and keep your hidden remarks to yourself, or elaborate.

I have been in the industry longer than you and held every job imaginable, so as I said (As usual moan and groan, sit on your ARSE and do nothing." ) try doing something for a change and post it, if you are so intelligent. 

If you don't agree with what I have to say, come up with a better solution and post it, instead of criticizing. 

Actually you have been wasting our time. 

On 3/18/2020 at 9:27 PM, GrayHorizons said:

one thing i have learned, which you clearly havent, is that this forum, is not, nor ever will be a place for change. 

If you mean that simply posting on Vertical Forums (or ranting or complaining) won’t effect change, I agree with ya

With that being said, a forum like this could be one tool used to effect change. Of course, you can’t expect change to occur without actually using the formal mechanisms that are already built into our regulatory systems.
This site does provide a great forum for people in our industry  (from coast to coast) to discuss  and identify industry related issues. They are also very helpful for gaging how the regulator is applying the regulations and they can be a deterrent to “Regional Disparity”.

It’s well known  that recent “guidance material”  (and changes to regulatory interpretations) from Transport Canada was developed as a direct result of at least one forum on this site. I suspect at least a few of the 137,000+ views were from Transport Canada. Of course, formal mechanisms were used as well as this forum.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/aviation/reference-centre/advisory-circulars/ac-700-052.html