Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

2020 predictions

old

On 3/18/2020 at 5:53 PM, Blackmac said:

I have been in the industry longer than you and held every job imaginable,

I have worked with many "professionals" who have been in this industry longer than I've been alive, who literally couldn't add. Time does not equal experience/expertise. You may very well be a highly skilled and respected person in this industry but that is a crap argument for your case. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 3/20/2020 at 9:02 AM, buzzard said:

EVERYBODY self-isolate yourself in your home for 14 days immediately! No exceptions. Do it today if you haven’t already started! This is not a drill. 

That's not how this works.  

Everyone who can, stay home and stay distanced from others.  If you have symptoms, isolate and contact health authority for further direction.

If you have been in contact with a high risk person, then isolate for 14 days to check for symptoms.  If you have symptoms, then you get tested.  If not, you are good after 14 days, probably should test, that varies on availability of testing.  There are an unknown amount of asymptomatic cases, some think maybe 40 to 75 percent.

IF you contract covid 19 then you isolate until you are cleared of the virus.

Test,test,test but the availability of testing is scarce. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Three_Per said:

I have worked with many "professionals" who have been in this industry longer than I've been alive, who literally couldn't add. Time does not equal experience/expertise. You may very well be a highly skilled and respected person in this industry but that is a crap argument for your case. 

I do not consider myself as a professional or an expert on anything, just knowledgeable person on the industry. I also stated to a well known pilot and friend of mine for years (RIP) after he accused me of thinking that I was a better pilot than him. I responded, not better, just different.

I am not trying to make a case of anything, just pointing out the anomalies in the whole industry from where it starts from ICAO,TCCA,FAA,the Manufactures and POLITICO'S.   

SO, what is wrong with my so-called CASE ?????

Awaiting Reply at your convenience.

CHEERS Don 

This is a copy of emails sent and screwed up by this Magazine.

2 thoughts on “HAC calls for government to support helicopter industry during COVID-19 crisis”

B stout says:

March 21, 2020 at 2:12 am

I see Jones is just looking at it from a management or owners prospective to help them get the work done nothing for the aircrews that’s have been affected by the virus with loss of work or in quarantine. You don’t have to be over seas to contract this illness. Heli-ski crews that have been with positive carriers of the virus this winter, confirmed cases in 2 lodges now and for the crews that worked with the carriers of the virus sent home in some cases the company’s take is you willingly went to work it’s not our problem. Go home and self quarantine. Don’t ask for help because it’s not our problem.

francesco says:

March 21, 2020 at 6:02 am

full agree

Donald J McDougall says:

March 24, 2020 at 12:52 pm

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

As stated above there are two thoughts “ON HAC”, the original one that is above, is an original response taken from the one I posted in Skies. MGM seem to have a problem keeping their stories in the right order or Magazine.

One thought on “HAC’s letter to the federal government regarding COVID-19 outbreak”
Donald J McDougall says:
March 19, 2020 at 4:12 pm

Dear H-A-C: Quit trying to milk the system, when there is a downturn in the requirement for helicopters, that is business and you take your licks.
I am sure that all requirements for essential services have already been contracted for.
Shareholders and owners/operators are well aware that this is a Commercial Operation on an as required BASIS, if not required the aircraft sit on the ground and the crews go on U.I. if they qualify, if not, go to Vegas and take your chances.

Remember we are all taxpayers and not required to support a
nonessential services.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comment *

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2020 at 6:28 PM, shakey said:

But you guys still will sell yourselves short. Just to tell the girls you are in the helicopter industry. And get to hang out with the guys who actually fly them.

Truer words are not possible.  The helisexuals of the industry ruin it for everyone 

• Haha 1

The virus has put all but essential programs on the backburner. Across all of the typical heli revenue streams with the exception of fires.

So my predication is: You will see 50-100 machines show up for a sizable fire. As this will be the ONLY revenue stream this year for many operators.

Whether things burn or not, I think this year will be the last nail in the coffin for many operators out there.

My $0.02, your mileage may vary.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, shakey said:

I predict a wet June. Pretty blue fire map in Alberta. Are all the companies from the province's that vote for Trudeau showing up yet?

A few from the equalization payment province sitting in the YOJ field of dreams.  Most are from BC though.  

• Haha 2