Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hello... Hello... This Thing On?

Chas,

I tend to agree with you. I was just trying to be sensitive to the fact that not everyone can afford to take more training. When it''s a struggle to find the money to fly, what do you do when it''s a choice between taking up a good friend or significant other for some sightseeing or more training?

While I am a strong supporter of enhanced training and the value of tailwheel experience, I don''t believe it is required to be a very safe and skillful pilot. If you strive to fly the absolute best you can all the time and do things correctly, your handling of a tricycle "abomination" will tend to be very solid.

At the same time I do look forward to the time when I get back to flying with the little wheel behind me.

(And you''re right, even now in the 172 I find myself thinking on approach "Would this be acceptable in the Citabria? - a frame of reference that will be with me forever.")

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic