Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

State Of The Canadian Industry - Your View ?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya Helilog and wasn't refering to you at all just the atmosphere around here in the past year or so!! Humor I can handle, the sick, sarcastic, dry, warped, twisted etc .... whatever, just so long as its humorous .... Life's too short to have'm in knots !! :hide: Besides, I'm probably the biggest goof on the forum, next to Vert Ref that is ... :lol: also, I'm counting on you guys to make me all sorts of smart 'n stuff !!! SHARKBAIT need my 101 lesson !!

...gang of 'ol boys **** bent on keeping the industry and future firmly under their control...

Funny thing about that Old Boy Network: Like it or not, it’s been the backbone of all modern industries since the dawn of our industrial world.

It’s alive and thrives in every industry—from communications, construction, oil & gas, manufacturing, healthcare and transportation, to name a few—as well it should; it’s been justly earned.

It’s unfortunate that the term implies disrespect—whether THAT is justly earned or not is a moot point. Look in the mirror and you’ll see tomorrow’s Old Boy Network. And all the young students, the Old Boy Network after that.

It’s a shame that truly progressive and revolutionary ideas can get lost or snuffed out completely when personalities and egos collide. Mutual respect, open minds and courteous and professional exchanges benefit all workers in all occupations—regardless of industry.

Change can and will come, make no doubt; it always does. Whether you wish to effect change or not, simply choose to lead, follow or get the h*ll out of the way. It’s really that basic.

(Sorry. Not picking on you, WTF. It's just a tiresome phrase I've heard time and again while profiling more than 200 companies across many industries, so I’ll plead “temporary insanity” now. :) Special apologies to Biggs for following your fun-lovin' rebel-rousing with this. Aaacckkk!)

Hey TQN, don't want to here nothin about appologies, you called me "sista" a while back and besides I think you are one hullofa fun rebel rousing dudette yourself! :D Now and again my sails puff up and I muster up nuff energy to post something, and as you can see, it isn't usually smart, informative or whatever. :rolleyes: I've just lost a little interest, or got old fast, or little touch of mid life, or ran out of scotch, don't quite know for sure - aaack I just have tons on my plate (sounds good anyways !) :blink:;)

Guys, I was just in a reflective (and ******) mood when writing all that. I am certain on any given day at the staging area, fire line or wellsite, we would all sit down and have a good yarn. I just wonder why things are so hard in this industry some days and what could be done to repair it. Perhaps I may move to influence change as suggested but it cannot be for quite some time. I know of others who have tried but they are supressed and deserted. Talk is cheap most days...

Cheers Transquebecniece, helilog56, vortex.

It’s a shame that truly progressive and revolutionary ideas can get lost or snuffed out completely when personalities and egos collide. Mutual respect, open minds and courteous and professional exchanges benefit all workers in all occupations—regardless of industry.

Change can and will come, make no doubt; it always does. Whether you wish to effect change or not, simply choose to lead, follow or get the h*ll out of the way. It’s really that basic.

Very well stated, TQN

Cheers, Don