Questions About Canadian Helicopter Training

jurjen

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jurjen,

Don,t forget the Schools In Alberta (OUT WEST) .

In Calgary, Bighorn Helicopters Flight School operates at 4000 ft asl, with close proximity the Eastern Slopes of the Rockies.

This company flies the R22 Beta II, this area is quite windy and the the 22 can be a handfull however Pilot technique is what you want to train for.

Good Luck.

Excuse me folks, but when did they change the age of issue for a PPL? I'd be more than interested in the date of that change and why it was done because I'm damned if I can think of a good reason for doing so.

Hey Cap, when I did my PPL-A the minimum age was 17, and that was many moons ago. That was 25 years ago now. Man time goes by so darn quick.

jurjen I just want to repeat what Skidz tells you. Make sure that you have a work visa, or permanent residency before your training. Otherwise you will be forced to leave the country and apply before you can look for a job. I would also check out Transport Canada'a website for eyesight standards. You will need to pass the Canadian medical prior to starting your training. You can find the medical standards at http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/Regserv/...ards/t42402.htm

Visual Requirement  1.35(B) the applicant possesses a visual acuity without correction in each eye separately, not less than 6/60 (20/200) and the refractive error falls within the range of ± 3.0 diopters (equivalent spherical error);

You can also find an approved doctor at the site (just search around, and you should find it) to get your medical done.

Good luck

Cheers