Salary Survey

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how times change. No so long ago, someone with 400 hrs TT would be so happy to get a job, the words "how much am I getting paid" wouldn't even come close to coming out of his mouth!

At this point in your career, my advise to you would be to worry more about staying alive than how much money you're making.

Hello there everyone

Just wondering as you all have a wealth of knowledge what would be a fair going rate for a guy with 400tt, mountain course, longline course, and a good head on his shoulders...... :rolleyes:

Take that & your degree down to the recruiting centre and join the military.

You could earn:

$41,700 - 45,600 plus $3288 Flying pay almost immediately ($48,888)

On completion of training (couple of years) you could then make:

New Captain pilot - $63,972 plus flying pay of $3,288 (fly pay increases at 5,10, 12, 15 yrs etc) or at your first Sqn making at least $67,260.

Stay until you have ten years as a Capt (about 12-13 yrs from now) and be making:

$95,112 (pay) + $5,332 (Flying pay) and you will be making $100,444 per year before taxes.

Do the math.... by the time you have been in for 12 years you will have made $1,018,860! You will be a millionaire!!! :lol: (Not even adding in the Flying Pay which you could use for beer money!)

Oh yes BTW we make aircraft commanders out of pilots between 500 and 1000 hrs TT too.

Military has good pay and good benefits, but if you want to fly lots, it ain't the place to be. As a new person on line once your training is done, you'll spend about half of your time involved with completing the many "professional development" requirements of the military. These requirements aren't flying related either...the're about being a professional "officer" in the Canadian Forces.

Good luck!

Military has good pay and good benefits, but if you want to fly lots, it ain't the place to be.  As a new person on line once your training is done, you'll spend about half of your time involved with completing the many "professional development" requirements of the military.  These requirements aren't flying related either...the're about being a professional "officer" in the Canadian Forces.

Good luck!

True enough, but also definately in the hiring mood too!

Take that & your degree down to the recruiting centre and join the military.

:down: I've been in the queue since '97, Passed Aircrew Selection, have a degree, 1300hrs commercial, 13yrs previous service with 6B (in a different trade) so I get the officer training bypass.... Been through the recruiting suasage machine. 3 Winters I made myself available to complete training.... nothing. One year the squadron was deployed, the next they posted their training officer.... who knows what happend the 3rd year. Oh, I remember, the squadron is in Edmonton and I asked to have my paperwork done in Vancouver because that's where I was living at the time.... some problem becasue of whose district/budget it would come out of. Anyway, good gig if you can get in. Be realistic, thousands of applicants for 100 positions, and the ombudsmans scathing report of inefficieny and incompetence in the area of recruiting.

“I think the recruiting system is broken,” said Marin. “There’s obviously a huge issue. How many are out there that have not yet complained?”

In response to the complaints his office received, Marin launched an investigation into the recruiting process in September 2004. Though his final report won’t appear for a few months, Marin’s interim reports describe a system mired in bureaucratic thinking, rife with arbitrary and unfair treatment and barely coping with demand.