Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Tc Accountability?

Just wondering what the aviation public (F/W, R/W, pilots and AME's) think about Transport Canada's lack of accountability for mistakes they make? As taxpayers, should we get a say in the performance of our employees (TC)? Ever hear of anyone getting canned from TC? Any thoughts, stories?

Having worked for TC, (Aircraft Services) I was informed that the only way to be "terminated" was to be caught red handed stealing.

I know alot of very very good people in TC, and quess what, sometimes even they may make a scattered mistake. Should we hang them ...no. Many of these people are trying to make our lives a little more safer if anything.

Then there are the few that get their jollies by pushing their weight around and telling me and you that we are "doing it wrong" when they have know idea of what they speak......... <_< "TWITS"

Any decision is based on interpretation and personal experience. Everyone makes mistakes and ussually they are unintentional and without prejudice. Goverment organizations have policies and procedures to deal with issues generated by the public. As for accountability if you have a problem file a grevance and if you are not satisfied with the result appeal the decision.

Have fun! :up: