Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Aviation License Booklet 90-Day Extensions

Transport has extended the validity period of holders of aviation document booklets for 90 days beyond the original expiry, as long as your booklet was valid on March 12, 2020.

See details:

https://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/regserv/Affairs/exemptions/docs/en/3271.htm

I'm sure there are a few people out there that this buys some time for.

3 hours ago, simpleton said:

Transport has extended the validity period of holders of aviation document booklets for 90 days beyond the original expiry, as long as your booklet was valid on March 12, 2020.

See details:

https://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/regserv/Affairs/exemptions/docs/en/3271.htm

I'm sure there are a few people out there that this buys some time for.

Based on what?

15 hours ago, simpleton said:

What do you mean?

I interpreted your comment to mean that some pilots would not pass their medical if it were not for the 90 day extension. If that wasn't what you meant, I retract the comment, if it was, based on what information?

Meaning...service from TC is slowed because of COVID and things are processing slower because most inspectors are working from home, including the licensing folks. It buys a blanket 90 days for pilots who are worried that their booklets may expire before they get a new one from TC. You don't have to make a formal request for the extension and hope that they approve it (which normally they don't these days).

I am guessing that the reason for the extensions is because they don't want you in the doctors offices, more than TC not being able to process the medicals. I wouldn't be surprised to see another extension tagged onto the existing one either.

You don't need a new booklet to get your medical stamped. Your old booklet can carry a fresh stamp if your new one isn't processed yet...you just have to carry both the old and new booklets at the same time for a period. No different than carrying over proof of a PPC, as that wouldn't be evidenced in a fresh booklet either.