Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Supplier Of Oil Can Spouts

lamanated

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The plastic bottles are a pain in the winter if you have to pour a lot of oil, that’s a lot of caps to unscrew. The old style can opener/bottle opener, (the kind that’s just a pressed piece of steel), seems to work the best, I tie a piece of string to it with a loop on one end and hook it on to my belt, that way it’s always handy. I actually thought the pour able spout types were banned. My old company tried the plastic bottles about 8years ago for a couple of years then switched back to cans.

• 1 year later...

I use my side cutters to open the can and a funnel to pour oil into tank. The best funnel I've found is a colant funnel from canadian tire, It's yellow with a large opening and an offset rim, it's also small and takes hardly any room in your tool box.