Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Universal along with Lake Else closed.

DGP

Well seeing as we have time on our hands lets see if we can remember companies that were a going concern and now are gone...lots of great people...well...some great people...I can name a few...and sorry to see TNTA is now one...okay first on the list...Viking Heli....must be a few on here that worked for them...Huisson Heli...spell may be a problem...Klondike/Kenting....Liftair...Quasar...Apex...Midwest...Associate....Shirley...Frontier....Autair....I would imagine there are a lot more...so bring it on...probably some good stories available as well...I better put in Dom/Peg for Elvis.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DGP said:

Well seeing as we have time on our hands lets see if we can remember companies that were a going concern and now are gone...lots of great people...well...some great people...I can name a few...and sorry to see TNTA is now one...okay first on the list...Viking Heli....must be a few on here that worked for them...Huisson Heli...spell may be a problem...Klondike/Kenting....Liftair...Quasar...Apex...Midwest...Associate....Shirley...Frontier....Autair....I would imagine there are a lot more...so bring it on...probably some good stories available as well...I better put in Dom/Peg for Elvis.

I thank Ya for that

• Like 1

Ranger, Maple Leaf, Lakeland, Northern Wings, Rotor Tec, Canwest. Bow, Laverandrye (sp?), Marlin, BC Yukon Air, Rotor Spray Consultants, Lambair. There was another big company in or around Ottawa pre Viking that ran vertol 44 in addition to Allouettes. Maybe some of the old Viking hands can help out?  Hang on, Sky Rotors!Okanogan, Lac St Jean Aviation, Dighem, wow. Sept-Isle heli.

Edited by RatDog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RatDog said:

Ranger, Maple Leaf, Lakeland, Northern Wings, Rotor Tec, Canwest. Bow, Laverandrye (sp?), Marlin, BC Yukon Air, Rotor Spray Consultants, Lambair. There was another big company in or around Ottawa pre Viking that ran vertol 44 in addition to Allouettes. Maybe some of the old Viking hands can help out?  Hang on, Sky Rotors!Okanogan, Lac St Jean Aviation, Dighem, wow. Sept-Isle heli.

Getting some cobwebs out there bud...good one. My Buddy Ray Gilstorf worked for Sky Rotors...told me the story about the 2  vertols that smucked into each other out in the bush and they tied trees to the sides of the airframes to fly them back to town for further repairs....unreal! He also worked for Northern Wings ...Autair and Viking as well as Midwest and Custom.

1 minute ago, Three_Per said:

You can probably find a few in this photo 

zVAQhN4.jpg

Nice...I have a few of those myself...I use to have a Klondike badge and a Kenting badge around somewhere....still have a few Midwest hats around...had a Canadore badge around here somewhere!