Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Universal along with Lake Else closed.

DGP

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Doug.

My first job in the industry was with Ontario Helicopters in 1978.Based in Thompson.George Fenwick owner and Dave Wilson Ops.Mgr. and Chief Pilot.Al Lang offered me the job without a "finders fee" and loaned me a pair of longjohns when I arrived for duty at Eskimo Point a bit unprepared for the local July weather.I returned them after the job,well laundered and wrapping a mickey of scotch. Oh the memories !!!   B)

I loved some of the old slogans that appeared on items from pamphlets to T shirts or whatever, done in fun;

Liftair—“the happy hookers” picture of a Heli with longline

Bow Helicopter- “There is nothing like a Bowjob”

Shirley Helicopters- “a Bowjob is nice but not as good as a Shirley”

Buffalo airways(I think a mistake)— fly with buffalo and never walk again(pic of a piper airplane on shirt)

am sure are more. No disrespect meant just stuff from another time. 

Having worked there for many years a long time ago it was a brilliant company. The ownership knew how to run a aviation company. You had to work hard and they expected it. But, the rewards were great.

Could go on and on about the President he was a hands on type.of individual. He was one of a kind... hard and tough but a huge heart. 

Stabbed him in the hand on a hunting trip by accident once. The look on PW's face was priceless. He always thought he ran the company little did he know there was a little lady who actually took are of the issues!!!🤣😁🤣😁

Many great memories. They will be missed.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RDM-1 said:

Having worked there for many years a long time ago it was a brilliant company. The ownership knew how to run a company. You had to work hard and they expected it. But, the rewards were great.

Could go on and on about the President. He was one of a kind... hard and tough but a huge heart. 

Stabbed him in the hand on a hunting trip by accident. The look on PW's face was priceless. He always thought he ran the company little did he know there was a little lady who actually took are of the issues!!!🤣😁🤣😁

They will be missed.

I always enjoyed my time in Goose Bay with PW & the boss lady K.