Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Universal along with Lake Else closed.

DGP

19 hours ago, Heliian said:

CGRGY is still in commercial service, along with many others from the 80s and even 70s I'm sure. 

Check out the civil aircraft registry online and look at your aircraft's history. 

I routinely fly 204's built in the 60's that are still thundering around the flatlands.

Hey Ray...they probably were Ranger ships by then...they ...2 ships both painted red with big white maple leafs..can't remember the reg of the other one...RGY and RG? I was flying a jetbox for Midwest and was based in Red Lake almost all summer. I think Whiskey had gone to T-Bay by that time.

On 4/22/2020 at 8:14 AM, DGP said:

Does anyone know what happened to Max Sandersen...he was working for Turbo West summer of 89...met him on a fire near the Pas ...he was 70 at that time...probably long gone!

Mac flew for NOVA for a few years in the early 90's. I thoroughly enjoyed working with him, he was a flying museum piece as he talked of all the a/c he flew over the years dating from WW II.

Since day one I watched the new management at UHNL drop the ball time and time again. Never have I seen such reckless spending in aviation before. Despite concerns, management repeatedly told everyone they had it under control and not to worry.

Some of that management team are the most vindictive people I have ever encountered in this industry. They’d smile to your face and then I’d watch as they’d slander whoever disagreed with them behind closed doors all the while patting each other on the backs and lining their own pockets.

The saddest part of this story is the number of lives this has affected. There were countless amazing employees at both those companies, employees that dedicated the better part of their whole working career to name on the wall. The companies themselves had a great history, with UHNL being around for over half a decade. It’s such a shame to see that destroyed by reckless incompetence.

Astoundingly, they laid off the entire company via a generic email (which didn’t even explain why), released a news article, and then pulled the plug on the website without ever having the decency to engage their employees in a constructive and respectful way.

Yes, COVID has a part to play, but ultimately it only delayed the inevitable. The writing was on the wall for this months ago.

I watched how SC told many a people how the PnL was his responsibility, which as CEO it is. Well, he better sure as **** live with that now.

When CT got involved, I heard rumors about how he’d bankrupt the company within two years. Turns out he only needed 18 months.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1