Universal along with Lake Else closed.

DGP

17 hours ago, Blackmac said:

Liftair originated from a company in the east, not sure which one, possibly Autair. Russ Shand and a bunch of other guys migrated west in the early 60/70's.

Don 

Was that the same Ernie Grant that runs a few ships down east now? Midwest was running 6-8 204 from Eagle back in the 80's...I worked on them all...we used to get a couple of boxes of booze every christmas from Russ. Nice guy...loved chewing on that cigar!!!

2 hours ago, DGP said:

Anyone put Lambair in yet? What was Allan Johnsons's company called...was it the original Provincial? 

I think Provincial came out of TJ Helicopters, I can't remember at the moment. I worked there for a while.

Lambair was Tom Lamb's company, fixed and heli. That was a company with some interesting history. Tom Lamb was a pioneer in the 20s and 30s with the "REAL BUSH" bushflying with open cockpits in some pretty insane conditions.

I must add my well remembered Summer with Sunrise Helicopters out of Inuvik. Jim and Meredith were the best to work for. I don't think Sunrise has been mentioned yet.

On 4/17/2020 at 2:18 PM, Blackmac said:

Liftair originated from a company in the east, not sure which one, possibly Autair. Russ Shand and a bunch of other guys migrated west in the early 60/70's.

Don 

I always thought Liftair was borne out of Spartan, Neil Armstrong was a principal at Liftair in the 70's.

10 minutes ago, Outwest said:

I always thought Liftair was borne out of Spartan, Neil Armstrong was a principal at Liftair in the 70's.

You are so right mon ami, I left Spartan the latter part 59 and went to work for Autair in St.Eugene near Hawksbury, ON  and later Dorval Airport in Montreal. Herb Tom started a business in Vankleek Hill, which his son now operates.  So many things to remember.

Cheers, Don 

7 hours ago, Pool pilot said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but we got (Bob) the Air branch officer for Saskatchewan forestry from North Central out of LaRonge. 

Bob Spracklin flew with North Central Heli in La Ronge and then In Saskatoon with Paul Bergeron when they opened North Central's flight school in S'toon.. I did a story on them there...

11 hours ago, Blackmac said:

You are so right mon ami, I left Spartan the latter part 59 and went to work for Autair in St.Eugene near Hawksbury, ON  and later Dorval Airport in Montreal. Herb Tom started a business in Vankleek Hill, which his son now operates.  So many things to remember.

Cheers, Don 

Hey Don...were does SkyRotors fit into the story...my buddy Ray Gilstorf told me he worked for Autair before he went to SkyRotors...he said when they locked the doors there he went with Viking...had some good stories about Viking....Mostly about Larry C.Ray did time in Africa with Viking....after Jimmies Lagoon.

Western, Buffalo Narrows, Turbo-West, Calgary, Can-West, Calgary,  Shunda, Rocky Mtn. House, Long Beach Heli. Tofino, Can-Arc Langley, Terr-Air Rotary, Lac La Biche, Alpen Heli., Langley, Nahanni Heli, Boundary Bay, 

MacMillan Bloedel Flight Dept., Canfor Flight Dept., Finning Flight Dept., Forest Industries Flying Tankers Flight Dept.,, Alberta Government Flight Dept., Nova Flight Dept., Dome Petroleum Flight Dept.,  Trans Mtn. Flight Dept.