Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Don't want to send you staff to the US right now?

I know the logistics of getting pilots and engineers to the US at the moment can be tough (more so the 14 day quarantine when they get back to Canada, which I understand police have been enforcing) so if you're in need of anything in the US, email me at dualfadec@gmail.com and I might be able to help you out. FAA & TC Licenses, lots of types, no habla Espanol.

15 hours ago, Dualfadec said:

I know the logistics of getting pilots and engineers to the US at the moment can be tough (more so the 14 day quarantine when they get back to Canada, which I understand police have been enforcing) so if you're in need of anything in the US, email me at dualfadec@gmail.com and I might be able to help you out. FAA & TC Licenses, lots of types, no habla Espanol.

Pilots are essential services, this no 14 day quarantine. No?

Pilots and aircrew are exempt yes, but it's at the discretion of the CBSA Officer if associated staff such as AME's, managers etc need to do it.

If there is anyone doesn't want to take the chance (or simply doesn't want to go to the US right now), let me know and I'll see if I can help out.

On 6/3/2020 at 8:45 PM, ScottyDont said:

The quarantines are a provincial order. The only provinces it still applies for are Manitoba and maybe a couple east coast provinces. 

I'm not sure where this info came from but the quarantine act that is causing the 14 day issue is a federal thing.

There is a consideration if you're looking to work in Canada though, in the province of Alberta at least, there is a requirement to be able to sign off on not having left Canada. They were saying 14 days but the latest guidelines say 24 days now. It's this limitation that is keeping me here in my days off instead of going home to Seattle where the wife and I have been living for her work. It's not all bad, lots of time in the home town to catch up with the extended family. Just left wondering if the fire centres of the various provinces will drop their requirements for quarantine when the feds do. Judging from Alberta upping their days in Canada requirement seemingly arbitrarily, I don't expect I'll be able to go home on my days off and still be useful to my employer in Canada.

Screenshot_20200611-124006_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

• 2 weeks later...