Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Icefield Helicopter Tours

Guest sharky

Guest sharky

I was definately not going to be starting with them. For sure. Of all the companies I spoke with in the last year and a half....these guys were the only ones that DIDN'T get a resume. (they're not worth the paper it's printed on)

I just wanted to get the word out to guys who do feel hopeless, that they do not have to settle for conditions like this. And like reddog said, the entire trade suffers for it.

Thanks for the input.

Heads up!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Folks...

I''ve answered your prayers... A bonified Icefield sucker as you would paint me. Just thought that I could clear a few things up. Despite the lack of remuneration... initially, the benefits are undeniable. Here I am, stuck in the picturesque mountains with the opportunity to fly this summer. Paying for my PPC... The line of credit is so out of whack what''s another few grand. As to the ''vasiline'' ( learn to spell son) there will be none of that unless you count the BigHorn sheep. There everywhere!!! Good luck building them there hours fellas... Have fun playing your flight simulator, I hear that it looks like the real thing.

Poor Poor me

Pulling Pitch. let me get this straight. You are working for this Icefeild company??? For Nothing???? I wouldnt get to

cocky with your other low-timer buddies that are still looking. You may need them later down the road it is a very small industry. Also it doesnt take much to figure out who you maybe if you are with this company. It is a tough world out there for Low-timers as I was there once and had many chances to work for free.But chose not to.

It is certainly nothing to brag about.

I do know this operator and I say to you good luck getting anything out of him.

As for the rest of the low-timers good luck to you all and stay positive and dont give up.

Guest sharky

Pulling pitch,

Could it be possible that they tell you that you're going to be flying soon just to string you along?....you know the 'carrot and the donkey' sort of thing? What about insurance? How large is their alumni who have made flight status?

I can certainly sympathize with any of my fellow low-timers that, sometimes there just seems be no way that one would get a chance to prove themselves. But I draw the line at working for free. You do not, but if you and all your fellow volunteers-and anyone else who desires to be a part of this company-all say "I won't work for nothing"...this company will not be able to get away with it, and will have to compensate their staff. And all of you do deserve it.

On another note....If you're volunteering for a business (any business) what happens if you're injured? Lost time? Seriously injured?

Sharky

You are on the ball there dude.....Pulling Pitch what does happen if you hurt yourself? And I sure hope like **** that you have this in writing that you will get the chance to fly one day...I have been that donkey a few times before...but nowhere near this bad. Something still isn''t right, What about that insurance??? You have to give your head a shake and start asking these questions now before it is too late. I hope you can afford a good lawyer....never know you may need it. But if you do make it good for ya...I will stick with my 140 hours of which 40 were given to me for hard work. I wish you the best either way.[;) I guess what I am saying is I would rather not fly then be exploited in the long run.

Not only are you exploiting yourself but your not setting a good example for the rest of the low-timers that need to get payed when they get that job.

The industries standards are low enough with pay as it is.