Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

One Year Freebie Sub To Heli Ops - Read On

Have had some great PM's with very helpful feedback from a lot of members here so as a way to say thanks to everyone have decided that the first 50 members here to send me a PM with their name and postal address, will get a complimentary one year subscription (6 issues) to Heli Ops.

Thought this was the best way to say thanks for the feedback and also for this being such a great forum, without all the B/S such as JH.

Anyway, if you wish to take up the freebie sub then send me through name and postal, its that simple.

Cheers

Heli Ops :prop:

Morning All,

Have had a couple of PM's asking why I am giving away some freebie subs. Plain and simple, its one way I can give something back to the industry. I have had a great time out there taking photos of these magical machines doing their things and writing some great stories.

Unfortunately along the way I have pissed a few people off, but thats just the way I am, love me or hate me I think I produce a great magazine. So I decided to give something back to those in the industry. Feedback as provided from members here on the forum is critical to producing a great magazine as it tells you if you are on the right track and giving readers what they want. In my opinion there are only two magazines that give industry people that, Heli Ops and Vertical. The reason for that is twofold, one both Mike and myself are passionate about this industry. We enjoy getting out there and meeting people face to face, unlike our competitiors who seem to think that writing a story from their desk in Washington is what people want to read about.

We both are also great photographers, even if I do say so myself :rolleyes: I have always had the desire to create that one in a million image, as does Mike and thats why both magazines are leading the industry in presentation and content.

Secondly - both magazines are published by small companies not big conglomerates that the only goal out there is that they make money for their shareholders or parent company. For Mike and I its an industry we love and enjoy. **** where else would we meet such a bunch of characters such as those you find here :shock: :shock:

So bottom line, I am giving away the one year subs because I CAN and because I am proud of the magazine we produce.

Others have also asked why I promote Vertical in some of my posts. Plain and simple - they produce a great magazine, different focus to Heli Ops but equal on content and quality. I remember back when Mike was thinking of leaving Helicopters magazine, which by the way, was the start of the downhil slide for them. I encouraged him to get out on his own. He has great talent behind the camera lens - almost as good as me :rolleyes: :shock: :up: But seriously - competition is great. Their mag is growing fantastically and there is room for two awesome mags out there, and if you get them both, then you are already in a win win situation.

Having someone to compete with when it comes to shooting images brings the best out of both of us.

Anyway we have changed the cover for the next issue and here it is.

THECover.jpg

Hope you all enjoy your freebie sub and for those that havent sent me a PM with your name and postal address yet, git off your backside and send me a PM.

Cheers

Heli Ops B)

I remember back when I was in elementary school. We had a constable from the local police come in to give us "the talk" on drugs. I remember him warning us about drug pushers giving out free dope. :shock:

He warned us that these guys would be really nice and give us free stuff for awhile. Then once we were hooked, he'd start asking for money. He told us of all those poor junkies who stole from their friends and family, or did other unspecified bad things to feed their drug habit...

Ned's ploy reminds me of that. He's feeding us free calendars and mags, and one fine day we'll get the dreaded renewal notice and actually have to pay for our "dope"...

You're an evil genius Ned... ;)

My name is Skidz, and I'm a helicopter junkie... :blink:

:lol::lol::lol: :up: :up: :up:

PS Ya think you could convince Mike to become a "pusher" too ? :up:

Hey Skidz,

Believe me I could make much more out of pushing dope than pushing mags :wacko:

There is no requirement to pay for a sub after the freebie period ends. If you do decide to subscribe then thats great, if you dont, then thats fine also.

In this world there are times when you can get something for nothing. :up:

Its just my opportunity to give something back to those out there.

Cheers

Heli Ops

P.S. If you send Mike a PM he might send you one but remember he is married and has three young children to support whereas I am single and a whore so just have to look after myself :up: :up:

Have had some great PM's with very helpful feedback from a lot of members here so as a way to say thanks to everyone have decided that the first 50 members here to send me a PM with their name and postal address, will get a complimentary one year subscription (6 issues) to Heli Ops.

Thought this was the best way to say thanks for the feedback and also for this being such a great forum, without all the B/S such as JH.

Anyway, if you wish to take up the freebie sub then send me through name and postal, its that simple.

Cheers

Heli Ops  :prop: